1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Arminian Took Over A Calvinist Pulpit

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed....thus you have your answer Don.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't think I do; from the OP:
    --- edited to add:
    If this thread was started to study history, then please identify the point that we're attempting to use history to learn from. Right now, it appears that the point is that pastors sometimes deceive or even outright lie to gain positions in the pulpit. If that's the point, then I think we're all in agreement that this is wrong.

#22 Don, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The essentials of the Gospel are not dependent on Calvinism or non-Calvinism. Anyone who thinks so has gotten something WRONG.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TCGreek - thank you.

EWF - please understand that my "sore point" with this, is the constant introduction of threads that speak to calvinists vs. arminians, as opposed to actual theology and biblical study. Just call me tired of the "I'm a calvinist, so I'm better than you" or "I'm not a calvinist, so I'm better than you" so-called "discussions." Rippon's opening statement, specifically identifying a non-calvinist posing as a calvinist, set me off.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And who said that Greek? Let me ask you though.....do you believe you can loose your salvation at any time? Do you believe in salvation by divine grace plus human effort?

These are my concerns with Arminian theology so to me that form of Scriptural interpretation leads to humanism ....thats why I reject it

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope in your military career you noticed there is no peace though I wish it were not so....then my beloved Corps would not be needed. Alas, we have tons of deployments & I dont see it changing any time soon.

The board has to like it too ....think of all the controversy, which leads to active posting which leads to more readership....to more advertising ...cha ching! :love2: Everybody loves it! :smilewinkgrin:

Of course, true Christian Brotherhood should not tolerate it. LOL So as you point out, we mostly prefer in BB either one or the other....I will let you decide for yourself which! ;)

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I hold to the eternal security of the believer, despite my non-Calvinism.

Salvation from start to finish is by grace alone. Period.

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

is it your understanding that many reject cal here on BB due to misunderstanding what the DoG really say, they misunderstand just how spiritually wreaked by the Fall we became, or just want to exault ourselves up to having a "part" in salvation?

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JF, I can only speculate on what their motivation is & I wont do that on here...at least not publicly least I insult someone ....but it behooves you to ask yourself what you personally believe in your study of scripture. Then are you being lead by the HS. Heady stuff huh?

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does it also equally "set you off" when the opposite is charged by a number on the BB? Remember to be consistent Don.

This is what I said at the start of my OP:

"There have been a number of posts about Calvinists secretly taking over pulpits of a decided non-Calvinistic flavor. I thought it was about time to speak of the tendency for a supposed Calvinist flying under false colors gaining a pulpit."

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you abandoned any pedals TCG?