1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured An assignment for saved and born again BB Members

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no preaching gifts (nor singing gifts, for that matter; not sure I was a blessing to anyone yesterday....); but God didn't give everyone the same gifts, now did He?

Worshipping God is a commandment for all believers, too, isn't it? Are you refusing a call to worship Him?

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To borrow from Saggywoman….”hockey sticks!” I’m actually going to have to agree with Evangelist#### a little. I don’t think that we look for endorsement…but I do understand looking for affirmation. The problem is that he has been corrected so much in his view...but when shown in error he simply ignores and moves on (no bold confrontation there). On this forum there is a wide range of Baptist belief…and pretty much the majority who have commented on his “militant evangelism” have done so negatively by pointing out its unbiblical stance. At one time it seems that all of those (myself included) tried to get John to evaluate his methods with Scripture....only to be ignored and trumped by WOTM and various books. Look hard enough and you’ll find someone who’ll endorse you. My advice…look to Scripture instead. How does Evangelist####’s “militant evangelism” and confrontational boldness (in context) line up with Scripture? It doesn’t. We are called to be bold (we are not called to be confrontational, but we are called to be bold). The only difference I see between John and Westboro Baptist "church" is the message each are shouting on the street. The core is the same, and it is not a demonstration of the gospel regardless of the message trumpeted.