1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An interesting dilemma

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by annsni, Nov 14, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We had an event this past weekend for the disabled and we had about 60 disabled adults come for most of the day on Saturday - along with their caretakers which in some cases are hired people who work with them in the group homes. One of the caretakers came to one of our pastors and asked him if there was someplace he could go to pray. He was obviously Middle Eastern and so the pastor asked him if he was Muslim and asking for a place to do his daily prayers and the man said "yes".

So, I will let you know later how this was dealt with but I wanted to see how you all would handle it. What if someone requested a place to pray who was Muslim (or any other religion)? What would you say/do?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His request should be respected and he should have been shown a place to pray.

Showing respect is not changing your beliefs ... it is simply doing to him as you would want others to do to you.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree! However, that does not mean our church sanctuary should be used for the prayer center for occults.

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

He would be respectfully told no. Then we would find a way for the needs of the person he cared for to be met while he was given time, and possibly help, to find an appropriate place for him to pray/worship.

During the Kosovo Campaign I provided personal security for chaplains and other non-combatants. My duties were not limited to protecting SBC chaplains as I provided security for an a variety of men tasked with providing religious services for the troops. That included securing facilities for these events. While the military must provide a place for troops of any creed to worship we did not, and in many cases could not, use the same place for all of them.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Agree with Crabby and Bib. "Place to pray" should not the sanctuary under these circumstances.

6. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Share Jesus with unbelievers and show them the nearest closet. Jesus will find His lost sheep inspite of our inept religious protocol.

Preach the Word. Let your light shine. Some may repent, some may flee. Some may retaliate. Jesus paid it all. Jehovah still trumps Allah.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God. Only Jesus makes one right with Jehovah.

Peace,

Bro. James

#6 Bro. James, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012