1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An interview with Paul

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by rkbo, Nov 14, 2002.

1. rkbo

rkbo New Member

Thank you for Joining us here at the "Prime Time with Rick" show. Today we have a special guest. Joining us is none other than the Apostle Paul.

First I'd like to say; thank you for taking time from whatever Heavenly duties you were engaged in, in order to be with us today.

Paul> You are very welcome and I am looking forward to helping mankind any way I can.

Rick>Well I know you are a direct man so let's get right to it. It seem there has been a little confusion lately and I would like you to clear up something for us. St. Paul, is there anything that can keep us from the love of Christ?

Paul> I get this question a lot. By the way just call me Paul. The saint thing makes me a little uncomfortable.
    Well let me answer this question like this.........Nothing can.

Rick>Can we get a little more specific .....Paul. Can death do it.

Paul>Rom 8:38-39
    38 For I am convinced that neither death,

Rick>What about life? Could that do it?

Paul> nor life,

Rick>What about principalities or angels?

Paul>nor angels, nor principalities,

Rick>Now Paul what about something that might happen in the future?

Paul> nor things present, nor things to come,

Rick>Paul, what about some other kind of power?

Paul>nor powers,

Rick>Seems you are being quite specific. Anything else you would like to add?

Paul> nor height, nor depth,

Rick>Wow. Well now the big question. Is it possible that maybe you yourself could fall away or something like that?

Paul> Rick let me say it this way so you will not be confused : nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (NAU)

There you have it folks. I guess if there was something that could keep us from the love of Christ, our guest would have told us what that was. I would like to again thank the Apostle Paul for being with us today and next time maybe he could tell us what it felt like to be crucified upside down.

Paul> I don't think so, Rick. By the way I was beheaded.

[ November 14, 2002, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: rkbo ]

2. JIMNSC

JIMNSC New Member

I'd bet you believe OSAS, huh? [​IMG] Gosh, I wish you had asked him to clear up the many questions folks have about why Jesus kept repeating something about "he that overcometh...." ;)

Of course, it was YOUR show!

3. jcrowe

jcrowe New Member

Next time ask him about the whole Calvinism Vs. Arminism debate. :D

4. JIMNSC

JIMNSC New Member

Rick - Think you can get him back? I'll bet he could "eliminate" a lot of forums on the board - as well as "create" a lot of silence. [​IMG]

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think Apostle Paul wants to get into that... Look at the problems he had with his own kindred... They tried to kill him!... While no one is getting killed on the Calvin/Arminian Debate Forum a few are getting skinned :eek: ... I ought to know I'm one of the moderators [​IMG]

Hey rkbo when are you going to interview Satan? He is the father of lies and won't tell you the truth!... Your call I'm not even going there! :eek: ... Brother Glen :D

6. rkbo

rkbo New Member

Tyndale the problem with interviewing satan is that he never shows up when he say he is. I should add that often he shows up when he say he wont. Besides he might blaspheme God and I'd have to slap that silly grin off his face.........in Jesus name ofcourse.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The pre-eminent authority on Judaism in the first centuries of Christianity is Jacob Neusner. He wrote a book called Children of the Flesh, Children of the Promise. A Rabbi Talks with Paul.

Very informative.

8. rkbo

rkbo New Member

Aaron is there a web page that might have the book on line? Not to buy but to read. As you can tell I'm a cheapscape.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry. Gotta buy it if you can't check it out from the library.

The thing to keep in mind is that Neusner is an unbeliever. His explanations as to what the Promise realy is are to be rejected, however, he is not mistaking what Paul said.