1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An interview with Westboro Baptist Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by annsni, Jun 24, 2008.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. nunatak

nunatak New Member

read interview
    *queasy feeling in pit of stomach*

3. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

An amazing example of truth co-mingled with error to produce truly rotten fruit.

4. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I dare them to come to this town. They'd be in for a suprise, and not a pleasant one, either. The only ones of this group I feel sorry for are the children. They have been brainwashed with this junk their whole lives. They are bullied at school because of the adult's beliefs and actions. I saw an interview once with some young teenage girls. Basically, they have stated there is no future for them themselves outside of this cult. No boyfriends, parties, pretty clothes......just this.

love,

Sopranette

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When ever these folks speak it is important that we Christians speak out in opposition so as not to give room for some equivalency.

6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

They are the white version of Trinity United Church of Christ.

7. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is an outrageous and insulting statement. There are no grounds for such a comparison.

Tim Reynolds

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Many of those signs they carry are reminiscent of Wright's message that got Obama in trouble.

Besides, How should my statement insult you?

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Then it'll be no surprise if relatives intermarry. Or if these kids end up as runaways with a dislike or maybe even disdain for anything that smacks of spirituality, like some of those who were once members of The Family ended up being.

10. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

Well, at least they've kept the name Baptist in their church name so everyone will know what they believe. :thumbsup:

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are neither Christian nor baptist.

12. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I was in their town, I'd definitely remove Baptist from our church sign. I don't want in any way to be associated with them.

One day they will see the error of their ways - but it just might be too late to do anything about it.

13. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

And that's the sad part of it all, is that the very thing (I'm assuming) they're trying to do, that is , lead people to Christ, it's having the very opposite effect.

love,

Sopranette

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Ooh...now that would make a good poll question.

Where are ya, Saggy Woman? :laugh:

15. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

The website of American Baptist Churches, USA, carries a statement informing the viewer that Westboro is not in any way affiliated with ABCUSA. Evidently they have received numerous phone calls from people asking why the denomination does not "do something" about Westboro.

16. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

They came to my town to protest at a USMC funeral. They did not protest though, I guess when they saw that the funeral was in a small Texas town with a bunch of flag waving, America loving Texans who were not afraid to stand up for the family of a fallen hero, they figured it would be best for their health to stay away.

I know of several friends and family members that were waiting for this group to show up, it was not going to be pretty. I am glad they just left town.

Chuck

17. standingfirminChrist

It is quite obvious from the interview that Westboro Baptist Church is not a Church nor are the members Baptist. They are a cult.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen. Can they show me ONE of the fruits of the Spirit in that interview? Is there any love for a brother shown there? Nope. They're a cult and a bad one at that because of the claim to be "Baptist" and "Christian".

19. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the problem is that people think they ARE a church - that they represent the church in America today. And the fact that the media gives them so much attention doesn't help either.

On top of that, when only 5% of average (real) Baptists ever tell anyone about their faith in Christ, how will the world ever know the difference?

20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was surprised by their response when asked the question

9. How did you become a Christian? Please explain the location and the brief context of what was going on during that moment of time (church, home, work, etc.).
    RESPONSE: Shut up Josh – are you trying to gag me with a pitch fork?

Unless I missed it I did not read anything about them having any kind of personal testimony of receiving Christ.

The person never answered the question

RESPONSE: Not a bad question Josh – and you are not the first to ask – check out this answer by Paul and let us let it do for this discussion (and again, notice the persecutions on the ground and the delivering hand of our God! Our God delights in delivering his people and he will deliver us as well – stay tuned for that – it will be a thing that causes the ears of them that hear it to tingle!!) Note in this excellent passage – those perverts did like Doomed america did – they violated their own laws when they dealt with Paul, and Silas – just like you brutes did when you put us on trial for our religion! Psssstttt – think First Amendment! YIKES. Further, check out the little church that was in the House of Lydia! Lovely! You see Josh – God has the exclusive prerogative of who will believe and where he will chose to deposit his word – who are those vessels that will be vessels of mercy that will bring forth good fruit and serve God in truth! That all belongs to God. You must have missed the lesson of Korah. You better get to the bottom of that Josh because the prophets talk about it again and again – even down to Jude – the second to the last book of the Bible – they were still talking about Sodom and Korah and Balaam and so much more of the OLD TESTAMENT EVENTS!! Stop trying to act like the Old Testament has nothing to do with us! Oh – and read the rest of Acts 16 – you will find at the beginning of all this – it is all about their money!

25. Since you had signs at the Southern Baptist Convention in Indianapolis calling SBC pastors liars, that would include me. Therefore, on what basis do you consider me a liar?

RESPONSE: I’m so glad you asked that question Josh. I have pointed out some of your lies above – how do you brutes lie – let me take a run at this and try not to wear myself slick – it is after all, the middle of the night.
    1. You liars say that you have a free will.
    2. You liars say that God loves everyone.
    3. You liars say that you can win souls to Christ.
    4. You liars say that you can accept Christ as your own personal Savior.
    5. You liars deny the deity of God!

Am I to assume that the responder really believes that one cannot accept Christ as their own personal savior? WOW!!

The more I read I am convinced they are not Christians because they do not answer questions in regard to a personal relationship with Christ and what it takes to go to heaven. I see no evidence in any of their answers that they personally know Jesus Christ. When asked directly they go into a discourse but never answer the question directly. They seem to avoid the basic fundamental questions.

#20 gb93433, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008