1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Occupy Atlanta Person Shares....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Freeatlast has no point. He's just trying to pick a fight, apparently.

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

It seems odd to me that someone who repeatedly claims to strictly follow the Bible could ignore/deny what these verses so clearly say.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

True, but it doesn't mean that others have an inherent right to Sir Isaac's credit. Neither does it mean they have a right to my livelihood.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The scriptures I accept, but the context of the discussion I do not. While we should all be paid for our labor, claiming I deserve something to me is like putting ones self above Christ who did not even have his own home.
    Man certainly does deserve something, but it is not found in what he owns.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I truly have no idea where you came up with that.

As I said before, I suspect your fishing for an argument. I'll let others bite if they want to.

6. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

If the scripture says that the laborer is worthy of his wage, then whoever is a laborer is worthy of his wage. If God says I am worthy of something, then I am. Not because of any power that I have in and of myself, but because I am enabled through his grace and mercy to be worthy of it.

I wasn't worthy of Heaven, until I accepted Christ as Savior. Now, through no work of my own, and only by his grace, I am worthy of Heaven.

It is not putting one's self above Christ if you are simply claiming the promises that God has offered.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you for the clarification. I agree.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

>If the scripture says that the laborer is worthy of his wage, then whoever is a laborer is worthy of his wage.

Especially those who band together with neighbors for mutual benefits such as barn raising and union membership.

9. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I think you are both posted on the wrong thread by accident (as surely you didn't violate the forum rules and try to hijack a thread by alluding to another thread off topic!) and added an "especially" to scripture. Dangerous thing there, adding an especially to what God's already said, as if God didn't complete his whole thought.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I just jotted down what she said without the "umm" and "uh"s in it:

"I am here in protest with the college students from Georgia State and Georgia Tec."

Reporter asked "What are you protesting?"

"Protesting against equality and change. We don't like the way the government is allowing us to be able to utilize our various degrees and job market until the society without it would have to be uproared by the fear of what the government is constantly putting on us. Everywhere I go traveling throughout the train system and the rail system, you have homeland security everywhere and so how can I very well concentrate on getting a job and getting through school without having to worry about whether I will make it home safe? This fear factor that the government has going on with us thinking that something bad is going to happen with our serenity and our peace and our homeland security will become insecure and it bothers me for those school age kids to be going through. I don't think this is fair at all."

11. targus

targus New Member

Now can you tell us what in the world she is talking about? :laugh:

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It seems like she is protesting the Homeland Security being in the subway because it scares people into thinking something bad is going to happen so they can't get a job. It's all Homeland Security's fault!! THEY ARE PROTESTING THE WRONG THING!!!!

13. mandym

mandym New Member

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.