1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Analysts say Obama hurt by pastor revelations

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WASHINGTON - Religion is supposed to be Barack Obama's strength. Unlike many Democratic candidates before him, Obama speaks with ease about his faith. He attends Sunday worship and knows his Bible. His supporters believe he can pry some committed churchgoers away from the GOP.
    But the furor over comments by his Chicago pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, broadcast again and again on TV and viewed by millions on YouTube, is tempering those hopes.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Business/Default.aspx?id=74017

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

In the end it satifies the need for 'something' to fill the press without really discussing issues of greater relevance. Balance the attention: Balance the distraction: Build straw men of little consequence: Avoid real issues and specific solutions. Most of it is a media game!

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think we know this part isn't true. So far his Bible statements have been wrong but I have to agree with Ken on this one, we're not voting him for nations pastor. I further think Obama stood strong in a no win situation. Had he denouced his pastor he would be admitting to a bad Church choice for the last 20 years. That the snippets were a true reflection of Sunday service at his Church. It would also say he will do anything to be president. By sticking by his pastor he showed strength to be who he is and said no matter what you decide from a few snippets, my pastor and Church are not all bad or all racist.

You can say what you want but I think he made the best of a no winner...

#3 LeBuick, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2008
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's kinda fun to watch Obama supporters in denial mode. :laugh:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm not an Obama supporter but I believe in doing my best to view reality without bias. You can twist things anyway you want but truth is truth.

I will probably vote Democratic this election because I can't contribute to making McCain our leader.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It will be more fun watching you refer to Obama as Mr. President! :laugh:

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

If Obama is the nominee, expect GOP campaign commercials that show the rantings of Wright, accompanied by a voice-over noting that Wright is Obama's longtime mentor, and followed by Obama saying he will not disavow Wright, topped off with pictures of the two men embracing. At this point, it's done!

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Obama apologists stay in denial mode, your fun may be spoiled. ;)

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

That's alright, I feel that McCain is the best the republicans have to offer. Although I will vote for the democratic candidate, if McCain wins I can deal with it. After all, he's better than Bush!