1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancient Gold find and relation to prophecy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Born_in_Crewe, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Slightly out of date this, but some Anglo-Saxon gold was found in Staffordshire, England in September. It has been described as the largest ever hoard of Saxon gold to be found and some of the items date from the 7th century. What's interesting from a Christian perspective is that there was a prophecy about ''mining for gold'' at a prayer meeting in Stoke, north Staffordshire, in January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/8272058.stm

http://saltboxchristiancentre.blogspot.com/

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the article:
    In the U.S. if it were found on private property, it would belong to the property owner. I find the fact that that the Crown can violate the 8th Commandment with impunity more remarkable than a likely prophecy concerning the find.

#2 Aaron, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
  3. billwald

billwald New Member

"Finding" property does not transfer title.

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

To be fair, I don't think either the finder or the landowner can necessarily lay claim. It was buried centuries before the landowner was born, after all.

I'm more interested in its possible relation to the prophecy mentioned above. Incidentally, there was another finding of ancient treasure in Scotland this week.

5. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Just to add...despite what was reported earlier, it was on the news last week that the money from the find will be split (equally I think) between the finder and the landowner.