1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And By His Stripes We Are Healed

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by greatday, Sep 29, 2003.

1. greatday

greatday New Member

"He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses." (Matthew 8:17)

Jesus Christ came to grant us redemption of the body (Romans 8:23). While we are in this world, we are subject to physical afflictions, diseases, pain and weakness. We can receive healing from the Lord. Many have received miracles from the hand of the Lord Jesus who is receptive to prayer, see the tears of His people and having great compassion on them, He touches them and grants them complete deliverance from their bodily ailments and from their several problems. God’s word is unchanging:

He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth. Isaiah 53:3-7

Jesus bore it all with patience, He was oppressed and He was afflicted so that we can look to Him and receive complete healing and everything else that we need! He stands ready to do great things for us. He is ready to put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalt the lowly. God’s word is unchanging:

And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him From generation to generation. He has shown strength with His arm; He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He has put down the mighty from their thrones, And exalted the lowly. He has filled the hungry with good things, And the rich He has sent away empty. Luke 1:45-53

My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience. Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord-that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful. James 5:10-11

Yes, the end of Job was better than his beginning. God healed and blessed him greatly financial and He is ready to do the same for all His trusting ones. He is the God who delivered and blessed Jacob and did great things for him. God’s word is unchanging:

Now Jacob went out from Beersheba and went toward Haran. So he came to a certain place and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and put it at his head, and he lay down in that place to sleep. Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. And behold, the LORD stood above it and said: "I am the LORD God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. "Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. "Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you Genesis 28:10-15

Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, Who delights greatly in His commandments. His descendants will be mighty on earth; The generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches will be in his house, And his righteousness endures forever. Psalm 112:1-3

When God miraculously delivered the children of Israel out of Egypt by His mighty strong hand He showed us His will for His people. He brought them out with silver and gold, and there was none feeble amongst them. The people asked, and He brought quail, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven. He opened the rock, and water gushed out; it ran in the dry places like a river. He remembered His holy promise, and Abraham His servant. He brought out His people with joy, His chosen ones with gladness. He gave them the lands of the Gentiles, and they inherited the labor of the nations, that they might observe His statutes and keep His laws (Psalm 105:40-45). And since God hasn’t change one bit He is ready and able to do much, much more for His servants under a new and greater covenant. His word is unchanging:

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.As it is written: "He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever." Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men, and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you. 2 Corinthians 9:9-14

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

3. greatday

greatday New Member

Since when is apostle Paul or his words the only role model in my life? Paul chose to have a martyr complexe and to die in Rome? I do not!

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

You are missing the point. Earthly "victory" is not formulaic. God's motives and decisions are far more important than yours (or mine). God may choose to bless one person with prosperity, but deny another for good reason. God chose to deny Paul's plea for relief of his thorn. You may want to blame that on Paul, but that's not what the Bible says. God said no, and explained why. Paul understood the reason and explained why it is to God's glory.

The bottom line is that whether God glorifies Himself by blessing you with prosperity or glorifies Himself in your suffering, it is not about you, it is not about Paul, it is all about God.

5. greatday

greatday New Member

As I said I don't worship apostle Paul who was a hypocrite who called Peter and other apostles hypocrites and didn't get along with them or Barnabas. He was also a male chauvanist who taught that women were only saved in child bearing. If you want him to be your role model and hero that is your choice. I rather chose Jesus who healed and still heals all that came to Him:

6. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last time I checked, the Holy Spirit had inspired those parts of Scripture written by Paul, too.

IF Jesus healed and still heals everyone who comes to Him, why didn't He heal Paul? And why do Charismatics take sick days? Why aren't the apostles still alive today?

7. greatday

greatday New Member

So a woman is only saved in child bearing? How foolish can you be and still breathe? Very foolish!

Who says apostle are not alive today? Not God!

And Paul told you why he wasn't healed from a demon who buffeted him:

You cannot quote apostle Paul or use him as reference for when did you do what Apostle Paul did?

[ September 29, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: greatday ]

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

It has nothing to do with choose Paul over Jesus. It has to do with accepting God's written word. God is the author of every scripture. You either accept them as His word or you do not. No arguments, the bible is the word of God. There are no mistakes in it, only misunderstadnings of what it says. By believeing the writtings of Paul is not worshipping him, it is believeing God. Paul was not a hypocrite, if you'll read those pasages more closely you'll see why he said what he did. Paul was not a male chauvanist(that is a modern secular lie to convince people they do not need the bible), Paul's writtings about women gave women freedom over what they had in O.T. times and what the world in general wanted to give them. Paul does not teach women have salvation in child bearing. That is a misunderstanding of scripture, as is just about your whole post.
    God heals, yes, but not all. He sometimes has a greater purpose then we can understand for not healing some. No where does scritpure promise God will heal us of every disease, or injury.

9. greatday

greatday New Member

That is a bunch of hogwash! Apostle Paul is not God and he was a male chavanist who beleived that a woman was only saved in childbirth. He was not and is not the savior of the world and he himself stated is some passages that what he wrote was only his opinion. To say everything that apostle Paul wrote is divinely inspired is to be stupid!

SO PLEASE STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE AND START SPEAKING IN TONGUES BECAUSE PAUL TOLD YOU SO:

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

I see your unfamiliar with scritpure.
    When you read and study scritputre you'll find, Paul did not beleive a woman's salvsation was linked to child birth, and that Paul was not male chauvinest, but thats only when you read and study under the guidence of the Holy Spirt,and not self.

2Timothy 3:All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    God said He has inspried ALL of scripture. Which parts are you going to leave out and call God a liar and say He did author the bible? If some of it is suspect and possible not true, then how much of it mught not be true? What? Only the parts you don't like, or don't understand? So that means anything we don't understand isn't true, isn't the word of God?
    I'm affraid your argument doesn't make sence.

I beleive the Bible to be the true divinely inspried word of God.
    And you think I'm stupid because of it?

You continuley show you do not understand scripture, nor are you willing too. Too much pride in self knowledge will keep a person from learning from the Holy Spirit what the truth of sctipture is. If you make God and His word more important then your own ideas about scripture you might learn something about it.

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Well, since you seem to think the only reliable part of the Bible is printed in red ink, here's something Jesus, not Paul, said.

The question is, who's doing the casting and who's doing the trampling?

12. greatday

greatday New Member

Praise the Lord I have the kingdom - all of it including Jesus, healing, prosperity, miracles, deliverance and tongues! Thank you Jesus!

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

I suspect you are baptist in name only, seems your doctrinal ideas are far from baptist. So just what are you then? You sound pentecostal. You are at the very least as mixed up as they are.

14. greatday

greatday New Member

You sound prejudice? Are you one of the those [derogatory descriptions removed] average females who makes up the Southern Baptist Church?

[ October 01, 2003, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: BibleboyII ]

15. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Hey Greatday, You're a coward who takes cheap shots at women. If I was your pastor, I'd take you out back behind the church for some "church disipline"
    Pastor Lacy

[ October 01, 2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: BibleboyII ]

16. greatday

greatday New Member

What cheap shots!

The Baptist Press reported that the average southern Bapitst is a white uneducated low income married female of 46 years of age! So I asked the person who was shooting at me if she fits the bill?

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goodnight Greatday. Get a grip and don't come around with a shotgun.

This is a Baptist-only forum. I see from your profile that you are a member of Bethel Baptist. Would appreciate you sending me a private message so I can check out this church.

I will watch your posts, but have edited the abussive language out already. DEBATE THE ISSUES.

If you would like to debate Baptists speaking in tongues or name-it-and-claim-it prosperity or sickness, etc, please start a thread on each. And do not use the modicum of liberty you still have here to abuse others, call names, etc. It will not be put up with. :eek:

18. greatday

greatday New Member

What is this double standards. Others can take shots at me but I cannot shot back? Are you Baptists or bigotts?

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

1.prejudied about what? Please point that out in my post. You got scripture wrong, I'm sure you don't like that, but it the fact.
    2. I am married, educated, white, female, medium income, less then 40 and SBC, proud of all of them. On the other hand in my SBC church we have no one who matches your presumed desciption. Once again, you have no idea what your talking about.
    You called me stupid, remember that. I did not call you stupid. I said you misunderstand scripture, thats not a pot shot. It's another fact.

[ October 01, 2003, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: BibleboyII ]

20. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Hey Greatday, You're a coward who takes cheap shots at women. If I was your pastor, I'd take you out back behind the church for some "church disipline"
    Pastor Lacy
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amen Lacy, if you need help let me know.
    Murph

[ October 01, 2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: BibleboyII ]