1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And the priest said;

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mima, Mar 18, 2006.

1. mima

mima New Member

For many years I work as a Mississippi rural boat captain. And this incident happened to me.
    Stopped in New Orleans listening to a Christian radio station I heard a RCC priest say," the Lord Jesus Christ" many times during his sermon. What conclusion can a person come to after hearing this priest or any man for that matter say," the Lord Jesus Christ"?

2. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

even the demons know who Jesus Christ is.

Word of faith says that Jesus is Lord - they just forgot to mention that Jesus is "a" god twice born by God.

JW's say that Jesus is the Messiah - but that Jesus was formerly the Archangel Michael come to earth as a created being.

RCC says that Jesus Christ is the Messiah - but believe that God speaks only through the Pope and Mary is co-redemtrix.

You have to dig to find out if one truly believes that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. It's called testing the spirit of the thing ;)

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But they don't, indeed can't call Him 'Lord'

Whereas Catholics are thoroughgoingly orthodox in their Christology

See above

Bzzt! Wrong! They believe that God speaks through His Church , amongst other ways eg: Scripture, the Sacraments etc

Yep, and it sure helps to get your facts right first1 ;)

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have found on personal experience, that Catholics tend to call our Lord, my Saviour etc rather than not and of course being a traditional Catholic who avoids the novelties of recent years the name of our Lord is said with a bow of the head, after all He is our God.

5. eloidalmanutha

But they don't, indeed can't call Him 'Lord'

Whereas Catholics are thoroughgoingly orthodox in their Christology

See above

Bzzt! Wrong! They believe that God speaks through His Church , amongst other ways eg: Scripture, the Sacraments etc

Yep, and it sure helps to get your facts right first1 ;)
    </font>[/QUOTE]I have done the research. most certainly demons can call Jesus Lord - they know who He is ;) they also know that Jesus was God made manifest in the flesh. John is referring to false deceptive teachers and prophets. remember spirits lie and manipulate, so a false teaching will appear to say that Jesus is Lord, but in reality, if you dig, does not. This is the mistake christians make. they do not research - they assume.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

quote by eloidalmanutha:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Word of faith says that Jesus is Lord - they just forgot to mention that Jesus is "a" god twice born by God.

I didn't know this? Where did you find this information?

7. nate

nate New Member

Good point. Many seem to hate the RCC. The RCC has sound doctrine concerning Christology. Good post Matt. [​IMG]

8. eloidalmanutha

nate wrote:

------------------------------
    quote by eloidalmanutha:

I didn't know this? Where did you find this information?

eloidalmanutha:
    I will quote Copeland, but others like Hagin, Hinn, Meyers, Crouches, etc all teach this as well . . .

Quote:
    "When Jesus cried, ‘It is finished!’ He was not speaking of the plan of redemption. There were still three days and nights to go through before He went to the throne…Jesus’ death on the cross was only the beginning of the complete work of redemption." (Kenneth Copeland, Jesus—Our Lord of Glory, Believer’s Voice of Victory 10, 4 (April 1982):3.

"n hell He [Jesus] suffered for you and for me. The Bible says hell was made for Satan and his angles. It was not made for men. Satan was holding the Son of God there illegally…The trap was set for Satan and Jesus was the bait." (Kenneth Copeland, Walking in the Realm of the Miraculous (Fort Worth, TX: Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1979), 77. Satan blew it on a technicality, according to Faith theology, because Satan had dragged Jesus into hell illegally. As Copeland puts it, "The Devil forgot to take into consideration that Jesus hadn’t sinned Himself but, rather, had merely become sin as a result of the sin of others." (Kenneth Copeland, What Happened from the Cross to the Throne (Fort Worth, TX: Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1990), audiotape #02-0017, side 2. Satan and every demon in hell tortured Christ’s allegedly "emaciated, poured out, little, wormy spirit" without legal right. (Kenneth Copeland, Believer’s Voice of Victory program (April 21, 1991). And this was exactly the opening God had been looking for. Seizing the moment, He spoke His faith-filled words into the bowels of the earth, and suddenly—"[t]hat Word of the living God went down into that pit of destruction and charged the spirit of Jesus with resurrection power! Suddenly His twisted, death-wracked spirit began to fill out and come back to life. He began to look like something the devil had never seen before. He was literally being reborn before the devil’s very eyes. He began to flex His spiritual muscles…Jesus was born again—the first-born from the dead." (Kenneth Copeland, The Price of it All, Believer’s Voice of Victory 19, 9 (September 1991):4-6. Kenneth Copeland called upon revelation knowledge when he said: "The Spirit of God spoke to me and He said, ‘Son, realize this. Now follow me in this and don’t let your tradition trip you up.’ He said, ‘Think this way—a twice-born man whipped Satan in his own domain.’ And I threw my Bible down…like that. I said, ‘What?’ He said, ‘A born-again man defeated Satan, the firstborn of many brethren defeated him.’ He said, ‘You are the very image, the very copy of that one.’ I said, ‘Well now you don’t mean, you couldn’t dare mean, that I could have done the same thing?’ He said, ‘Oh yeah, if you’d had the knowledge of the Word of God that He did, you could’ve done the same thing, ‘cause you’re a reborn man too." (Kenneth Copeland, Substitution and Identification (Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1989), tape #00-0202, side 2.

http://home.computer.net/~cya/cy00052.html

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:vbitKaMSeogJ:www.newwineonline.com/files/pdf/wor...s+twice+born&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=29&ie=UTF -8

"They don't realize that when Jesus came to earth, He voluntarily gave up that advantage, living His life here not as God but as a man. He had no innate supernatural powers. He had no ability to perform miracles until after He was anointed by the Holy Spirit.

http://www.reachouttrust.org/articles/deception/copejesus.htm

[ March 20, 2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: eloidalmanutha ]