1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And the winner is......Satan!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The versions controversy is certainly one of Satan's greatest triumphs. And here's the backing for my statement.
    Before Henry VIII authorized the printing and use of the "Great Bible" in English, there was little controversy about which of the English versions was the 'best'. Satan fought against ALL of them thru the Roman Catholic Church. Henry's authorization and breaking of the RCC's power in England was a major setback for Satan, but he recovered some of his influence during the reign of "Bloody Mary". However, GOD had decided to break the RCC's power in England once for all, so He caused QE 1 to squelch the RCC's power and authorize the printing & distribution of English-language Bibles. Again, there was no major controversy over "which version".
    However, some controversy arose after the AV was made when some British govt. officials made the AV the only 'official' version allowed to be printed or sold in the realm. This didn't last very long, as once the price of the AV1611 fell to where the average Englishman could afford it, it became the 'standard' English version.
    However, same as the preceeding versions, it began to become outdated as the language changed, so newer versions were made, but none were very good until the NASV was made. Since then, there have been several more excellent modern-English translations made.
    However, the roots of the present controversy were formed, beginning with 7TH DAY ADVENTIST official Dr. Ben Wilkinson's goof-filled 1930 book, "Our Authorized Bible Vindicated". From this one book, a whole blort of literature has been made, beginning in 1955 when a "J. J. Ray" made "God Wrote Only One Bible". I hope that those who support KJVO notice that this idea has its roots in a CULT OFFICIAL'S book, which should give them a clear clue of just WHOM the REAL daddy of KJVO is.
    The versions controversy has torn churches apart, ended friendships, caused some Christians to behave in a very un-Christian-like manner, and even ended marriages & broken up families! Therefore, it must be regarded as one of Satan's greatest triumphs.
    However, we Baptist Christians can't just simply ignore this issue. Clearly, the KJVO doctrine and all other "one-version-only" doctrines are man-made and false, and should be purged from our churches. And let us not forget just WHICH SIDE started the controversy to begin with, using a CULT OFFICIAL'S book to do so.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I was not influenced by anyone to be KJVO except the scriptures themselves. I saw many promises in the Bible where God said he would preserve his pure word. So, for me, the question was, which version is the preserved and pure version? I knew all versions could not be the preserved and pure version, because they were all very different from each other. I did much study and prayer, and I became convinced that the KJV is the preserved and pure version in English.

I could care less about this writer from the 7th Day Adventists. Cults are not always 100% in error, they often hold many truths. The Catholics believe Jesus is the Son of God, and in this they are absolutely correct. That doesn't mean everything they believe is correct, but it also doesn't mean everything they believe is error.

You will disagree, but you are really saying that God did not keep his promise to preserve his word. Oh, you will say the original autographs are those preserved and pure words, but everybody knows those original autographs vanished centuries ago. So, if God's word is not preserved in the translations and copies from those originals, then God's word is no longer preserved.

It is nonsense to say that being KJVO divides the church. For nearly 300 years practically the only Bible found in any Protestant or Baptist church was the KJV. It was only when the MVs were introduced that division was introduced into the church. So, this is a very hypocritical and false charge that MVs make.

I have been attending Baptist churches for 45 years now, and this has never been an issue. Every single Baptist church I have belonged to has been a KJV church. This includes my current church. If you don't like the KJV, fine, there is another Baptist church across town that preaches from the NIV, nobody is stopping anyone from going there.

#2 Winman, May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This struck me as interesting

why not? I mean if they abide by common standards...why not?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread closed. There is nothing productive that can be added to this discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.