1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured And these young people will one day lead our nation?!?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 20, 2015.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Yes, it is a travesty of our culture. As a national average almost 70% of students entering Community College require remedial classes. Unfortunately the number is even higher for remedial mathematics.

There are MANY tangents to this conversation.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi American Dream, as a Christian and an American, I do not believe some folks with a certain blood line, have an inherent right to rule those of other blood lines. Just as the Jews, sporting the bloodline back to Abraham do not gain entry into heaven, but must be born anew, folks with a last name of Clinton, Bush, Kennedy, should not be considered royalty.

But once a fiction, i.e. such a thing as royal blood, gets enthroned in Law, it is difficult to render inoperative. We are on the cusp to having "homosexuals" declared by Law as special because their lifestyle is the result of genetics. And no one in the left leaning media is challenging that myth.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Jay Leno once posed the question 'does the bible mention the easter bunny?' and you'd be amazed at the people who said it it does...our future staring back at us with glazed eyes...

Bro. Salty, I know who started the Civil War....

Watts U. Lookinyat.

He was an educated chap from NYU. He was visiting some family in Virginia when he noticed a pretty belle with a long flowing dress. He kept staring at her, not able to look away due to her beauty. Unbeknownst to him, she being courted by a very jealous fellow by the name of Y. I. Otta.

Y. I. came up to him one day, no longer able to control his jealousy, and asked him, 'what's you looking at'? He replied 'yes?'. He called him an very insulting name and he said, 'why I oughta', and slugged him. The rest is history...

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have long believed that democrats would like a king. They would have crowned John Kennedy in a skinny minute. Republicans on the other hand have the screwy idea that some who have tried to get the nomination and failed deserve it in the future. McCain and Romney are the two latest examples!

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those young people should visit this board. They'd learn that the Democrats wanted to make Kennedy a king, that the American Civil War had almost nothing to do with slavery and that the Civil War wasn't really a civil war, even though it meets the dictionary definition of one. We'd learn 'em a thing or two.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. Perhaps it even makes the case for putting young Christians back into the school system.

It's prime ground for evangelism. So why pull all the Christian influences out?They might kick us out, but we shouldn't just call it a day and keep our kids at home or in Christian Schools.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try that in New England.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1st time I actually agree with you.

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me that there is a difference between a civil war and the Civil War. The former (which should not be capitalised) is as you described, while the latter is a commonly accepted name given to a specific conflict.

10. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Re: the apparent dumbethness of our kids and grandkids:

Who trained their trainers?

We put them on the treadmill to utopia. Now what?

The law of reaping and sowing does not change.

Time to repent and do the first works.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#30 Bro. James, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
  11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I had a professor in college angrily call me out in front of a history class for using the term "War Between the States." She mockingly told me I should've called it the "War of Northern Aggression."

When I politely told her that our country never had a "civil war," as the South never sought to control the entire nation / federal government, she simply sneered at me. When I informed her that her favorite president (as she had told us), Abraham Lincoln, had actually raised an army for the invasion of his own country, she got visibly mad. Thankfully the bell rang. She never held it against me in grades, but she did not like me at all.

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Civil war - a war between political factions or regions within the same country.
    From Dictionary.com

Civil war - a war between opposing citizens of the same country
    From Merriman-Webster online dictionary

Civil war - a war fought between groups of people living in the same country
    From Cambridge Online Dictionary

So....

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in the Salt City, there is a statute in Clinton Square with the inscription "Dedicated to the men who fought in the War of the Rebellion"

And I will use the term "War of Northern Aggression" as that is what is was as well.

#33 Salty, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
  14. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

All well and good. When your own academic teachers and professors continually tell you a "civil war" is fought between two parties seeking to control a single government/nation, then you run into rocky waters.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So based on that definition - it was NOT a Civil War. The war was between the United States of America and the Confederate States of America.

16. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

From a southern perspective, it was not a civil war, given G2C's definitions. From a northern perspective, it can be defined as a civil war. Functionally speaking, the Union had no control over the confederacy, so it was NOT a civil war.

17. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it helps you sleep at night... Pretty much a ridiculous splitting of hairs that no historian of consequence agrees is accurate. Yes, it was about slavery but not solely, but mostly, read the Confederate Declaration of Independence. The south cried loud about states rights, states rights to keep slaves.

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Semantics, all semantics.

At what point does the issue become about being right? :rolleyes:

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and what did the Confederate Constitution say about slaves?

PS - can you provide a link to the CSA Declaration of Independence.

20. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist