Andersonville: Biblical Languages

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges / Seminaries' started by R. Lawson, Jan 5, 2011.

1. R. Lawson

R. Lawson
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone.

I noticed that Andersonville Theological Seminary offered Biblical Language courses. I'm wondering if any graduates of Andersonville could explain the depth of the courses (From Hebrew 1, 2, and 3 to Greek 1, 2, and 3.) Do you mostly play around in Strong's or is there more to it?

Just curious.

2. R. Lawson

R. Lawson
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm. No Andersonville grads here?:wavey:

3. R. Lawson

R. Lawson
    Expand Collapse

I e-mailed Andersonville and asked if they could let me do the Biblical Languages courses using a payment program. They agreed.

I have a feeling they will introduce greek/hebrew tools and not delve into the languages. If I am wrong I'll eat my fedora!:tonofbricks:

4. Greektim

Greektim
    Expand Collapse
    Supporter

And you are considering working on a PhD? Why even bother with Andersonville? Just curious...

5. R. Lawson

R. Lawson
    Expand Collapse

Not from Andersonville, no sir. I am simply curious what Andersonville's Biblical Languages courses are like. The D. Phil would be done at St. Alcuin House Seminary. I already have experience from them. It's no walk in the park...

6. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ
    Expand Collapse

Robb,
    I am confused...you already have a Seminary Doctorate, but you need language training from ATS...I would think this would argue against the "walk in the park" statement.

7. R. Lawson

R. Lawson
    Expand Collapse

I don't need language from ATS. I'm merely want to test the waters of ATS' Biblical Languages. It will not cost much, and if I decide it's not up-to-par, I'll drop it.:type:

8. R. Lawson

R. Lawson
    Expand Collapse

They charge an arm, leg, and firstborn to take the courses. No skin off my back. :D

9. Martin

Martin
    Expand Collapse

I think, though I could be wrong, that the courses do not originate with Andersonville. So they "might" be pretty good. Though I would not spend money to find out. :)