1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Andy Stanley

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 14, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has gone completely OT into an attack on me. This is not a place to attack me but to discuss Andy Stanley.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were the one who said you were concerned for the souls of those who thot seeker friendly was ok. What did you mean?

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont know you nor can I say anything about you. Way of the Master has taught me to speak out and discern between true and false converts. However reading the Erwin Lutzer perhaps it may be a situation where WOTM has judged people before they had time to develop fruit. Ray Comfort himself says that most in seeker churches are false converts in one of his books. However he does not know everything as one cant judge their salvation as that is for God. So I do not know if those in seeker churches are false converts for that ius for God to judge.

But I do know that many will hate me for saying this... I am trying to be honest as I do not know for that is for God. But my association with WOTM will get me hated by many...

#23 evangelist6589, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I have not attacked you in the least. I am sorry if you felt it came off that way. I just asked you some questions is all. And it does have to do with Andy Stanley. When any of us preach the gospel, we preach and show love. Preach the gospel in a hateful manner and see how many will come.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not you but some here have and I completely ignore them.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

There are false converts in all denoms and in a vast majority of churches. Satan sows tares in amongst the wheat. However, we, if we judge too harshly and quickly, could get some of the wheat with the tares. Jesus will seperate them when the time of His coming is here.

7. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not and has never been about the WOTM.

Have a wonderful Lord's Day.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is about an attack on another pastor by you.

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you best be concerned what you are associating yourself with that's false traditions also--you do have then :tear::tear::tear:

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is why this op is "bad news".

1. Because you said he is bad news,

2. instead of dealing with doctrine you attack him personally ( and then have the gall to complain because you think someone attacked you personally)

3. If you have issues with what someone is doing because it is biblically wrong then post specifics.

And by the way trying to place him in the same ball park as Rob Bell makes you look like you do not know what you are talking about with regards to Rob, Andy, or both.

#30 Revmitchell, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

It's unreal that you come up with this with all your reformed brethren bashing, theologian bashing, preacher bashing, and truth bashing. And now you continue your attack on evangelist6589? :wavey:

evangelist6589 your OP is taken seriously here. What evidence do you offer in support of your OP? I'm not familiar with Andy Stanley.

Don't allow mitch to get to you, it's what drives him, put him on ignore.

- Blessings

12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I think either it is simply personal preference on your part, or you know little about Andy Stanley. Andy "associates" with many people, that does not mean he aligns himself with any and all, rather Andy is quite comfortable to think for himself. He is an excellent preacher/teacher. I think he is one the most gifted and relevant preachers of the day. If he is not your "cup of tea" perhaps you should just say only that.... and pray for him and ministry as he attempts to reach many people....many in fact that more traditionally formatted churches rarely do. I personally have grown tremendously from his teaching. His gifts and talents in my eyes are God granted.

If you would like a little insight into Andy....and the differences between and with his father, I might suggest to read his book Deep and Wide (Creating churches unchurched people love to attend)

13. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Andy Stanley is a good pastor and great preacher. He has benefited me spiritually, personally, and professionally. I am thankful for pastors like Andy Stanley. The Church is better because of pastors like Andy Stanley.

14. quantumfaith

preachinjesus, have you ever attended Chik-Fil-A Leadership Cast? It is a wonderful experience, Andy is often a featured speaker along with the likes of John Maxwell.

15. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Andy Stanley is an excellent pastor / theologian. Its comical for someone who hangs on every word of Ray Comfort to have a negative opinion on Stanley.

17. PeterM

PeterM Member

:applause::thumbs:

18. quantumfaith

Thanks for sharing. Andy recounted these incidents in his book. I cannot thing of any possible comments other than smiles of emotion.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is on ignore and I do not respond to any of his posts as 99% of what he posts seems to be some attack on me, criticism of me, or something. He is not a very helpful person and I have to wonder if he is truly a "pastor" or "reverend" as he professes. But anyways this is not about him, as he strives to get my attention as that is what drives him.

Well I do not have any evidence other than some of the books he has published as of late that are very seeker focused. I mentioned one of them earlier in this thread or perhaps it was on FB. But some on FB has said this.

http://standupforthetruth.com/2012/05/andy-stanley-confounds-the-church-about-homosexuality/

http://www.fightingforthefaith.com/2013/05/andy-stanleys-clever-denial-of-biblical-inerrancy.html

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That sounds allot like a seeker friendly book!!!!!!! I am sorry but why should I read such trash? I would rather read HARD TO BELIEVE, or ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL. Unless you can make a persuasive argument for why I should read such a book? Can you? Give me a outline of the book and make a good argument and I may reconsider.