1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angel Discussion

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Oct 15, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

I put this on another thread where it really didn't, probably, address the OP. But I thought it worth our looking into so...

Amy, Allan --- it appears that men and angels do "mingle" to some extent in that we read that we often "entertain angels unawares."

So here's what I believe on that: Jesus told John in Revelation to write unto the angels of the churches in Asia. These were actually pastors and pastors-to-be in those churches -- saved men. If we are saved, we have an "angel/spirit" that represents us in the spirit world.

And I would say that this "spirit world" is actually eternity, is where God is, and is spoken of in such places as Rev 14:1-3. Here we note that only the 144,000 on earth and (my assumption) their angels in heaven can sing their song. So in Rev 15:2-3, we come to know that a) the 144,000 are going through the GT on earth, b) they sing that song already shown in Rev 14, c) that song is both an OT and a NT song (meaning they are OT-type salvation that acknowledge Messiah has come), and d) that they will enter from there into the "consecrated" tabernacle of Christ's kingdom on earth (the smoke, etc. is the same as seen in the consecration of the tabernacle of Moses and temple of Solomon).

"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb..."

Which all, to me, means we also see "demons" in those who are possessed thereby. Look, for instance, at Judas. His demon not only betrayed Jesus but will be released from the bottomless pit to indwell AC (the "clues" being both are called "son of perdition" and their demon called "prince of this world.").

All of this suggests to me that our angels in eternity, in God's kingdom, are helping Christ right now to prepare our "mansions" in the spiritual realm where we will go to be with Him much in the same manner as the trib angels of the 144,000 are helping God usher in the kingdom coming to the earth in Rev 15!

And sometimes I wonder how "near" that world is to ours. Remember when Elisha showed his servant that armies of God protecting them? Remember how Paul says we are surrounded by a "cloud of witnesses?" I would say they are living witnesses but... And except for being caught up in a cloud, Rev 4:1, I don't see John having to make "intergalactic" journeys when his vision "bounced" between heavenly and earthly scenes. And remember how the Bible says "We feel as if perchance we may find Him though He be not far from any of us?"

What think you, BB? :type:

skypair

#1 skypair, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2008
  2. Allan

Allan Active Member

Sky - go back and read my post on this - before you wrote yours in that thread.

I never stated men and angelic beings do not 'mingle' - Amy did, in which stated:
    - emphasis mine

I stated they DO it is just that we do not 'see' the manifestation of this but that is something happening every second of every day. (in post #36)
    - emphasis mine
    That 'veil' I'm speaking of is that which hides the spiritual relm from the physical one.

With regard to the rest of what you wrote - I have never heard or read of such and I personally don't agree with your 'assumptions' as you put it. But there is no problem in agreeing to disagree here :)

#2 Allan, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008