1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angels delivering holy gems, gold dust, presents and hand dripping oil... wow...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 10, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_zbjdI8eYU

This is upsetting that the people of God falls for this crap. TV commercials about holy oil bottles for free, miracles spring waters for free ext..... and then Tood Bentley and now this... watch. :1_grouphug:

However, remember you can only experience this if you SOW A SEED!:tonofbricks:

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yeah, this stuff has been around for awhile. The gold dust thing started in the Toronto Airport church several years ago, I think, then spread out.

There will always be this kind of thing going on in the church because there are always people who are looking for signs, hyper-experiences, and emotionalism.

3. soninme

soninme New Member

The word "Simony" springs to mind , here is the definition of the word , the latter part being my point .

Simony is the ecclesiastical crime of paying for holy offices or positions in the hierarchy of a church, named after Simon Magus, who appears in the Acts of the Apostles 8:18-24. Simon Magus offers the disciples of Jesus, Peter and John, payment so that anyone he would place his hands on would receive the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the origin of the term simony[1] but it also extends to other forms of trafficking for money in "spiritual things"

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Some people will fall for anything, they want to see before believing, and will only believe what they see. Oh Jesus is real, but only because they see "evidance" of Him through this stupid stuff.
    And of course where theres people who will believe anything(but the truth), of course there are people willing to take adavntage of their ignorance and get rich from them.

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Really??? Man, this is satanic in my view. I mean, unless they are going to wal-mart and purchashing some gold glitter and mazola oil, if this is true then its satanic.

I do not get why people buy this stuff, saddly its on God TV, TBN and other ministries.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2Thess 2 -- Matt 24 all predict signs and wonders used to deceive people in the last days before the coming of Christ.

in Christ,

Bob

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am not sure they are not going to Wal-Mart! :laugh:

In other words, I am not sure if this stuff is truly manifesting or if it's a trick. I tend to think it's mostly a hoax although I do believe it's possible some of it is "real," in which case, it is certainly not from God.

8. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

If it wasn't fake, why are they keeping the gems. I would have already hocked most of them. :laugh:

9. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

:laugh:

I know.. I think its fake. In this video that guy starts crying when describing Angels leaving plastic gems in his yard.... and the other guy clearly has like Glittler in his clothes and head.... but people are believing this.

I was at the break room talking to a brother in Christ and I was telling him how fake all this is and stuff.... he was very upset at me.. he thinks its true. I told him... show me scripture and I will believe it..

He says his Wife, went to Todd Bentleys and its the real deal so he gets mad when I tell him its not.