1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angels

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

When God made angels did He create them in the manner as He did the human race, making them male and female? In other words, are there female angels?
    Is it biblical? I was thinking about this the other day and I can't,off the top of my head, remember reading about an angel being female.

2. standingfirminChrist

There are no female angels mentioned in the Word of God. There is also no mention of angels having wings.

3. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I thought so. Funny though how the term "angel" is used almost exclusively in a feminine sense in society.

4. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Jesus did say "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." Matt 22:30

This seems to indicate that angels would be neither male nor female. The marriage union has two primary godly purposes: 1. Companionship 2. Reproduction.

These things won't be so in heaven.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28

5. Joe

Joe New Member

Hebrews 1: 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Jesus says angels are without flesh and bones, so they have no fleshly bodies therefore no specific genetalia.

Joe

#5 Joe, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  6. Joe

Joe New Member

Hebrews 1: 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

IMHO, they have no fleshly bodies therefore no specific genetalia.

Joe

7. standingfirminChrist

Angels sure had flesh and bones in the Old Testament. Some angels married the daughters of men here on the earth.

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

True. Which also implies that if Angels have gender or are able to assume bodies with gender, the are (or become) male. But I know we'll get a lot of argument about how we've interpreted this passage. Sons of nobility, and all that.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Good Lord, he's back from the dead!! He MUST be a ghost.

Howdy Cutter!

As to the question in the OP, I don't believe angelic beings require gender, if they don't reproduce. SFIC's verse could be interpreted a number of ways. So the bottom line is, who knows?

#9 Magnetic Poles, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  10. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

John indicates that he doesn't specifically know "what we shall be" But he assures us we will be like "him". Is he indicating gender here as in Male?

So if we are like "him" as in male then perhaps the angels are basically male in form.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As far as angels having wings, the imagery comes from Isaiah 6:2 Whether or not it is literal or symbolic, I do not know.

12. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

If gender is assigned to angels in the Bible, they are male, never female. Female angels are demons.

Satan had wings, Satan was an angel. The Anointed Cherib, they had four wings, some have only two.

13. Magnetic Poles

Where do you get this idea?

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Huh???

There's about a dozen jokes right here...but I'm wayyyyy too smart to use any of them. :laugh:

Anyway....

Huh????? :confused:

15. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Angels have wings. As proof, I offer you the model they used for the Ark of the covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark. ;)

16. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

where do we get that "female angels are demons?"

18. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Is this addressed to me? The ark in the movie had gold angels on top of it, with wings spread forward. Of course, the movie got the facts wrong about which tablets went into the ark, but I was just kidding, not offering up the movie as the ROTLAV of the Bible. (Raiders Of The Lost Ark Version)

19. Magnetic Poles

They aren't women. Demons is an anagram of "Sod Men". Guys who put grass on new lawns are the demons. I have cracked their code!

20. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

You guys need to read more, non-message board related material.