1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

angry at God

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Oct 24, 2004.

1. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Of course but I dont want to take pills.
    I also cannot imagine that I take a pill and then everything is fine. Maybe it's also a spiritual problem.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Better to be fat than crazy. Get profesional help. A real psyc with a real MD degree. Not a psycholigist/social worker.

I was on Prozac for a couple of years and it seemd to help. The Wife said it helped. I quit the stuff when I retired.

3. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

If your worrying about getting fat (who doesn't nowadays) I'll tell you what I take. I take effexor. It works wonderfully. Takes about 7 days and you lose your appetite completely.

My fathers side of the family deals with my grandmothers Gene. She was institutionalized for depression. My father had depression and all four of his daughters from two different marraiges had it as well. Two of us fought it tooth and nail (me especially) because I thought that God should be able to make it better being that I thought it more of a Spiritual condition. But it isn't Fredrick. Its passed down usually by the father (from what I understand).

It does not "make you happy" how I could best describe it is that there is an "absense of depression". Thats what I was looking for. I didn't need "happy pills" I needed the depression lifted. After ten years of fighting it I WISHED I had done it sooner.

If you need a freind I'm here, any time ok?

God Bless

Seth3

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our dil takes Effexor and sleeps a LOT. She HAS lost a lot of weight tho.

5. music4Him

music4Him New Member

No offence ya'll, but about them pills.....
    ~Jimbo I can't say as I blame you about taking pills. I would however suggest you find a doctor who knows about herbal medicine as well a senthetics. (My doctor gives me a choice and I choose what God has designed over the man made drugs). I however used to suffer from sever panic attacks for 19 years. (and was told by family members I was crazy and it was all in my head) Every time I would have one I would lay down and sleep it off. Then lo and behold one doctor finally noticed what it was a gave me the wonder drug "xanax"...the wonder was it knocked me out. Upon waking up I thought I been going to sleep very well on my own. :rolleyes: (tee hee hee) [​IMG] You might try going to a herb store first (some things they offer are way cheeper than what a drug store will charge) I wish the best for you and when ever you feel alone remember when even Jesus was alone and being tempted of the devil he overcame with the word. ~Matthew 4:1-11~

I pray that the Lord will strenghten you and help you!

In His service,
    Music4Him

6. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

I find this very true Diane. I felt a bit sleepy my first week though after that it passed as I adjusted to it. But we are all different in our responses to medicines, thank God this worked for me though. I have yet to have a bout with what I struggled with for many years.

God Bless

Seth3

7. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Brothers and Sister,

About Effexor: I took it for two years.... then tried to get off.. The second day without it I had to go to the ER for sickness, I had withdrawl. I thought I was having a stroke. I ended up on it for 7 years until I finally weaned off of it. It was probably the worst few months of my life as far as the withdrawl. Anyway, Jim I will pray for you. If you feel you need some meds then by all means do it. Effexor did help me with my depression, but I found that I had to deal with other things as well. I'm doing great now and am actually about to start seminary. If you would like to talk privately please feel free to email me. May God bless you my brother.

In Christ,

Brooks
    [email protected]

8. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Untangled Speaks the truth on this matter I have heard others having the same problem. The problem I have heard and both experienced is horrible Nightmares IF I did not wean myself very SLOWLY (Stress VERY SLOWLY). I thought I knew what a nightmare was until I had one of THESE from jumping off of them without asking hOW and some doctors are not aware of this, mine wasn't but I heard from others (thinking... well everyones different) Not so with me I experienced the very same things. I would never repeat removing myself from them the way I did (cold turkey). Talk about an EXPERIENCE, it takes only ONCE and you will never do that again. Even the thought that I could forget one would be frightening!

But I did "try it again" by taking it down by a quarter of a pill PER WEEK and it worked beautifully. You can't just "stop" you'll pay for it. You need to respect your meds for sure.

God Bless

Seth3

9. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes the nightmares get bad. On two occassions I woke up and had knocked holes in the wall. I also woke up crying for no reason. There are alot of things to consider when getting on a med. My doctor was too quick to put me on the medicine and I was stupid and tried to quit cold turkey the first time. Please be warned, it can be very addictive. But please, if you need help get it. If you get on meds you may still want to see someone. I would recommend a trained pastoral counselor. They might not be able to help you on the meds, but if someone is trained they can be a good help. Even in my small town there is a nonprofit pastoral counselor.. He's highly qualified and is supported by specific churches so its free. He's trained at the Ph.D level from Liberty I think.. Anyway, there are ways to get help, but in all things seek God.

In Christ,

Brooks

10. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Now I didn't find it addictive at all. I found that the depression (it takes care of) does return without the medicine. The same is true of a diabetic sometimes one needs to be on a medicine the rest of ones life. If this is neglected ofcourse the diabetic would die as the condition worsens without the proper medicine (or care). Same happens with effexor. It does not throw you into a world of joy and happiness but elleviates the depression or imbalance while on it. The imbalance returns when the medicine which balances it is removed.

God bless

Seth3

11. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found that I can do fine without it at this point in my life. I didn't need it anymore. Its become really common for people to get on anti-depressants for a short period of time.

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member