1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Animals in the Presence of God? (heaven etc.)

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by gekko, Oct 6, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. I 'unno

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. gekko

gekko New Member

what do you think?
    is there going to be animals in heaven? or in the presence of God?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't know.

However, if there are animals in heaven, it won't be the exact ones that were here, such as our beloved pets. Animals here on this earth aren't resurrected and don't go to heaven.

Also, if there are animals there, what form would they have? We will not have a fleshly, carnal body in heaven. Why would animals?

Again, I just don't know.

Consider this.

In the beginning of Job, it gives a listing of Job's wealth and family. Here's what he had before his troubles.
    • 7 sons and 3 daughters
    • 7,000 sheep
    • 3,000 camels
    • 500 oxen
    • 500 donkeys
    At the end of Job, God restored what he had and more. It says in Job 42:12 that "God blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first". Here's what God gave him at the end.

• 14,000 sheep (double the original)
    • 6,000 camels (double the original)
    • 1,000 oxen (double the original)
    • 1,000 donkeys (double the original)
    • 7 sons and 3 daughters (the same as the original)
    At first glance, it would appear that Job's children were not doubled as the animals were. But they were. The original 10 children were in heaven. He still ended up with 20 children. 10 in heaven and 10 with him on earth.

No so with the animals. The fire of God consumed them or they were stolen. That's what it says in the bible. The original animals were not to be his again, either on earth or in heaven. That's why the numbers are doubled in the end.

With that being said, and as sad as it makes me to know that the beloved pets that I have shared part of my life with are no more and will be no more, that doesn't negate the fact that God may have some animals in heaven. It just won't be any of the ones from here, because they can't be saved and aren't resurrected.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

what about the lions playing with the sheep?

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about that.

Are you refering to Isaiah 11:6-9?

"The wolf will live with the lamb,
    the leopard will lie down with the goat,
    the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
    and a little child will lead them.
    The cow will feed with the bear,
    their young will lie down together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
    The infant will play near the hole of the cobra,
    and the young chid put his hand in the viper's nest.
    They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,
    for the earth will be full of the knowedge of the LORD
    as the waters cover the sea."

This is a passage right after a description of Jesus Christ's divinity and authority to reign upon the earth.

During the millennial reign on the earth, the Peace of Jesus Christ will be so great that even the animals are completely harmless and there are no predators. This passage is not talking about heaven. It's talking about a new earth (Isaiah 65:17-25) that behaves in the manner of the original creation.

The same message about the wolf and the lamb, etc... is repeated somewhat in Isaiah 65:25.

5. gekko

gekko New Member

well. is not the new earth where God will reside?

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

What about the horses mentioned in the Revelation?

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some believe so. But the millennial reign is not eternity and not heaven.

I do not believe that heaven is on earth or will ever be on earth, as some do.

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

It would be a shame for all those living creatures and Cherubim to be in heaven and no one knowing what animals they represented.(Ezek, 1, 10, and 41) :tear:

And where will Christ get the White stallion he returns to earth on, and now all Christ's calvary will have to walk from heaven to the earth? (Rev 19:11-14) :smilewinkgrin:

thjplgvp

[​IMG]

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not?

If all creation was corrupted by Adam's fall, why would not all of creation (incuding God's animals) be part of the redemption? Animals are amoral agents and thus cannot sin; we know that when God created them, he said it was good.

"For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. " (Romans 8:19-23, ESV)

10. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

What else could animals do in Heaven? Are giffins considered animals?

11. Sheila

Sheila Member

I am not sure if there will be animals in heaven or not. I don't believe any animals that have been on earth will be there because our animals don't have a soul. What we should be concerned with is the liveing things that do have a soul and be witnessing to them before it is to late. Then anyone who wonders about animals being in heaven will know first hand.:godisgood:

12. gekko

gekko New Member

huh? do you have scripture for that?

i was sure there was scripture sayin animals have souls or somethin like that...

13. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Animals have souls, according to the Bible. The Bible doesn't say they have spirits, though.

14. Sheila

Sheila Member

When I said animals don't have a soul I didn't mean they didn't have life. I thought it would be understood that there is a differents in the meaning of soul between humans and other living creatures. If you mean that animals have a God given breath of life in them, then yes they have a soul. It’s what makes their bodies alive. Animals have a body and a soul in this sense. If you mean that animals have an immortal soul (more accurately, a spirit) that exists beyond their living body, then the answer is definitely no. When an animal dies, its soul dies and it returns to the dust. It has no personal or individual spirit that remains after the death of its body. The only personal relationship an animal has with God is that he gave them their life which they will never have ability to understand. In Genesis Noah and his family are the only ones saved. That is because they had a soul (immortal soul) which only humans have.

#14 Sheila, Oct 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2006
  15. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, only humans have spirits, but both have souls.

Weren't there quite a few animals on the ark?

16. Sheila

Sheila Member

Last night I tried to edit my statement about Noah but I couldn't get taken off. The reason I was going to edit the statement because I figured I would be misunderstood yet again. Yes there where animals saved from the flood but Noah went and brought them into the ark without there concent. He did not preach to them either. So Noah and his family where the only ones that willingly went and trusted God. Just for the record, I voted that yes I do believe there will be animals in heaven. I don't believe it will be animals that ask to be with Him. I just think that he "may" put animals in heaven. But to me, the most important thing is making sure mankind is there. We shouldn't worry about what he is going to do with the animals.

17. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, I don't know many people who are worried about it, but what's wrong with wondering? Apparently, there are clues in the Bible, and if God thought it important enough to include, shouldn't we consider it important enough to wonder?

18. Sheila

Sheila Member

Again I didn't say anything about wondering. If you want to wonder, then study about animals all you want. I think that is great:thumbs: As for me this subject is closed until I am face to face with the creature of all life. I don't find a thrill in arguing about bible subjects.:BangHead:

19. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

A woman went to the beach with her children. Her 4-year-old son ran up to her, grabbed her hand, and led her to the shore where a dead seagull lay in the sand. “Mommy, what happened to him?” the little boy asked. “He died and went to heaven,” she replied. The child thought for a moment and said, “And God threw him back down?”

20. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

MY Bible says man is the only one who "became a living soul".
    No animals in Heaven, but there will be many on the New earth.