1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ann Coulter Review of "Godless: The Church of Liberalism"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Um.... you might want to do a google search on the article Ann Coulter 2005. You might be astonished to see that to which she equated wishing someone a "Merry Christmas."

Again, anyone who thinks that Senator McCarthy is/was a hero, they either
    1. are trying to start a fight
    2. don't truly understand the concept of liberty

McCarthy was not a hero, nor was he honorable. I sincerely hope that Ann Coulter was simply trying to do point number one........

Regards,
    BiR

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im not sure Mc Carthys tactics were appropriate, but anyone chasing an evil such as communism out of this country as my vote.:thumbs:

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I guess you would have loved Hitler. He was certainly anti-communist.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hitler? Lets see.....Islamist terrorists hate communism so maybe I love them too. How silly.

I can see communism for what it is, evil, and dangerous without having any effection for the Third Riech or what ever else. But thanks for the love.:thumbs:

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As far as running out "evils" from our country like communism, as you say, the biggest threat to America today, great that Islamic terror, greater than China, is our own self indulgent, dont love our neighbor attitude, an attitude Ann Coulter seems to emulate.

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you said, rephrased= "The ends justify the means"

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

What does communism have to do with the Islamist terrorists? Surely you aren't saying that they want a communist state?

I don't think you have a right to say "thanks for the love" considering the tone of many of your postings.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

RevM, you are saying one thing, then denying it in the next sentence. This seems to be typical of you. Can you focus please. First you like anyone who is against communists, then you don't. Which is it?

9. jet11

jet11 Member

With all due respect, you might want to try reading his statement again. He said that he was for anyone driving communism out of THIS COUNTRY. He also said he did not necessarily agree with McCarthy's tactics.

Nowhere in his statement did he say he was for everyone that hated communism. He was merely pointing out the absurdity in Terry's argument when Terry said he would probably have loved Hitler. RevM was saying that by Terry's logic, he probably would like the Islamist Terrorists who successfully drove Russia (communism) out of Afghanistan. By RevM's previous statements, I believe we can deduce that he is no fan of the Islamist Terrorists and thereby no fan of Hitler either.

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Senator McCarthy was not interested in chasing an evil such as communism out of this country, Senator McCarthy was interested in Senator McCarthy. It didn't seem to bother him that he was destroying the lives of people he accused, and once someone stood up to him, he was exposed for the true person he was. He wasn't interested in justice, or liberty.

He was not honorable, and he was not a hero. That certainly speaks volumes that Ann Coulter perceives him as such. But then again, what do you expect from someone who equates wishing someone "Merry Christmas" to uttering an expletive at the person to whom she directs it?

Regards,
    BiR

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ExactlyJet!:thumbs: What a twist on my words Mp. But I appreciate your warm concern.

12. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Fact is, McCarthy's interference in FBI investigations allowed at least two Soviet agents to escape. (Fort Monmouth)

Ironically, his only actual involvement with Soviet spies was to help them.