1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anna Nichole Smith and the Baptist Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stevenlynch, Dec 12, 2008.

1. stevenlynch

stevenlynch New Member

Ahhh.... so now she's a liar.

I'd like to invite you to First Baptist Church of Mexia, TX. I think you'd fit right in.

Or... maybe Westboro?

#21 stevenlynch, Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Anna Nicole was recorded in 1999 claiming Christ as her Savior.

In the years after that till her death, was her life a living testimony?

Was she showing the fruits of the Spirit?

None of us know the final heart of a person before they die but a true believer will live a life for the Lord. They will not continue in wonton sin. I do not believe that when she claimed Christ as Savior in 1999 that she was saved. I could be wrong but I honestly don't think so.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

How come it seems that when some Hollywood freak lives a wreakless life and then passes into eternity--------that somehow or other--the "careless" finger is always pointed to the Baptist faith for somehow being responsible for the wreakless life lived???

I am not responsible for Anne Nicole Smith--------I'm responsible for me---I won't stand at the BEMA seat of Christ and answer for Smith's wreaklessness

Blackbird

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thats right, God isn't, thats my whole point, and anyone else who says this, God is not the liar, the person making flase claims is. You can see a person like Anna Nicol Smith is not chirsitan, their lifestyle and the things they approve prove it. Thats is what this phrase means when someone uses it.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Really, so, you think the bible is wrong? Becasue the bible tells us what a christian looks like, the Holy Spirit convicts christians when they try to live like her, the Holy Spirit renews the minds, we begin to think differently and no longer approve the same life styles. yet you'd call drugs, alochol, sex, sex, sex christian. glad I'm not apart of your church where this is allowed, and apparently according you approved and seen as christian.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

From 1999 on her life gave no testimony to being a christian. Her fruits are spoiled and rotted, the Holy Spirits are not.
    Or according to some here the Holy Spirit gives us those same spoiled and rotted fruit.

7. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I would never claim that someone isn't saved, that is for God to judge. However I find it odd that someone goes out of the way to proclaim someone who chose to live openly and publicly a life that would seem to mock the word of God must surely be saved and insult people who question that assertion. I don't see anything beneficial, edifying, or fruitful in this exercise.

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Donna,

The scriptures also tell us that if one of His children continue in stupid and reckless living...rejecting the Holy Spirits prompting and guiding...that God will sometimes call that one home prematurely

If she legitimately placed her faith in Christ back when she claimed to, then she was sealed into the body of Christ...permanently...at that time.

She clearly lived very destructively after that, so her Father could very well have called her home prematurely.

I certainly hope that was the case, as we all should.

:godisgood:

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, the late woman in question had name of Anna Nicole Smith.

Would you have considered 'Hizzonor', the Mayor of Sodom, namely old Lot, who even offered his own daughters for the resident's sexual use, as an outstanding example of a righteous individual, either?

How about one always described as a prostitute, namely Rahab?

What about the biggest thief and crook known in history, namely Jacob?

How about a murderer and adulterer, namely David?

What about a couple of those great womanizers, namely Samson and Solomon?

>
    ?
    >
    ?
    >

Probably wouldn't wanna' put most of that crowd in with such as Noah and Paul, either, hunh?

Oh wait! ! ! ! - - -

That's a drunk and the one the Bible calls 'the chief of sinners' isn't it?

(Incidentally, you can find 6 of the above 8 listed in the "Hall of Fame" of Faith, in Heb. 11.)

I could name some more, but anyway - Just wonderin'.

Ed

P.S. Please don't tell me that any of the above ever "repented" from anything, for the Bible simply never says this, anywhere.

#29 EdSutton, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2008
  10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Although tasty Chinese wonton soup really has nothing to do with anything, ;)

not always, I would offer.

Consider Lot, whom the Bible says "vexed his righteous soul from day to day"'with the unlawful deeds of the people of Sodom', yet was not 'strong enough' to leave that place, on his own, getting himself deeper and deeper into the situation, having his conscience seared, until he had to be literally dragged out of the place (along with his wife and two of his at least five daughters, as the other three or more, along with their husbands, physically perished in the destruction of Sodom), by an angel. (Gen. 19:1-38 esp vs. 16)

Joseph was, by contrast, personally, strong enough to flee from the situation he was duped into, even while Potiphar's wife grabbed his cloak and ripped it from his body. (Gen. 39:1-23, esp. vs.12 )

All simply do not have that inner strength, as the example of Lot shows.

Ed

#30 EdSutton, Dec 15, 2008
  11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Let me modify slightly, what Blackbird said, above -

(That way, Language Cop stays out of the thread!) ;)
    I agree!

AND aren't all the rest of you glad you will not have to answer for the recklessness and weaknesses of EdSutton??

Ed

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Likely what effectively happened with Samson;

definitely what happened with a number of the Corinthian believers!

Ed

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

This response would be humorous, were it not actually so sad! :tear:

Ed

14. stevenlynch

stevenlynch New Member

Here's the Press release with the original quote included:

Pastor Marcus Sheffield of First Baptist Church Mexia, TX named “Buckethead Baptist of the Year” for comments made about Anna Nicole Smith.

Pastor Sheffield’s interview with the Associated Press in February 2007 for reaction to the death of Anna Nicole Smith served as the main inspiration for the kick-off of a new Podcast available on iTunes called “Buckethead Baptist”. It’s also available at the website www.bucketheadbaptist.com .

From the AP article:

"Anna Nicole is not somebody we consider one of our own, one of the great citizens we're proud of," said the Rev. Marcus Sheffield, pastor of First Baptist Church, who did not know Smith. "If people connect her with what Mexia is, I'm not proud of that."

“It was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard a Pastor say about anyone in my life” said Steve Lynch, self titled “Buckethead-in-Chief” of the controversial christian Podcast. “It outraged me so much to hear those words that could have only been said by someone who just doesn’t have a heart for hurting people. In the parable of the Prodigal Son however, we know there was also that older brother, the one with the crappy attitude,” said Lynch.

Ms. Smith's death on February 8, 2007 was ruled an accidental prescription drug overdose a mere 5 months after the death of her son Daniel, who collapsed in the her hospital room three days after she had given birth to a daughter named Dannielynn Hope.

More of Lynch’s comments along with Messianic Jew and “ex-Independent Baptist” Mark Greenbaum can be heard here:
    www.bucketheadbaptist.com

and subscribed on iTunes here: itpc://www.bucketheadbaptist.com/www.bucketheadbaptist.com/The_Podcast/rss.xml

The original Associated Press article can be referenced here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251297,00.html

15. stevenlynch

stevenlynch New Member

EdSutton,

You missed Tamar of Genesis 38. Probably one of the most revered women in the bible (included in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew) for having played a prostitute to seduce her Father-in-Law.

I really like that story... it really messes up us Christians who still haven't figured out Grace yet.

I'm tryin' though.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Got me on that one! Sorry!!

Yes, I agree that there are many who are saved who still sin - yet they are all shown to have repentance after their sin. At some point in their lives, they turn from that sin because of the Spirit convicting them. I do think that there are many, many who are "saved" yet they truly are not because they have followed someone and said a prayer for "fire insurance" (such as what I can see our old friend Spamderson promotes) but never had their hearts turned towards the Lord. I see this "easy believism" as being so dangerous because I've heard it said "Just pray this prayer and you'll be saved. You don't need to do anything else. Just pray the prayer." which then produces false converts (unless the Lord really did stir their heart and HE will be sure to bring them to Him). Why else would the Scriptures tell us that many will claim to be His sheep and they won't be? If someone claims to be a Christian, are they? I just spoke to a woman who claims to be a Buddhist Christian - do you think she really is a child of God? Just because Anna Nicole Smith claimed to trust Jesus for her salvation, does that mean she's really saved? The Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons claim the same thing - are they really saved? It's not the words of the mouth that make one saved from my experience.

#36 annsni, Dec 15, 2008
  17. donnA

donnA Active Member

so apparently you believe prostutuon is ok?

Your talking about 1 incident in a persons life, and chrisitans mess up frequenlty and do bad things, but Anna Nicole mad eit a life of habit, with no attempt to do anything else. Are you saying the indwelling Holy Spirit does not renew the mind, gives us a new way of thinking? He doesn't change us?
    According to scripture, a christians is a changed person, not perfect, as in sin free, but a true christian will not live in the same old habit of sin, approving that lifestyle.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

I would agree that Anna Nicole Smith (ANS) did not publicly display any evidences of salvation, and that her life was a mess.

Who knows, however, what happened in her final hours? Yes, it is hope against hope, but we still don't know everything.

And thus, we cannot say with certainty where she is now. For that reason, I do not speculate as to ANS's eternal destination now.

What we can say with certainty: the consequences of her sinful lifestyle, saved or not, exacted a terrible toll.

19. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

If I might comment on the pastor's quote. What's the big deal? If I am not mistaken, was she not ashamed of coming from such a hokie little town like Mexia (Muh Hay Yuh). When she made it big as a model, oh wait, not really, or when she made memorable movies that were box office block busters, nope not really.

What actually caused her to rise to the top, oh, that's right, her stupidity was her claim to fame.

So, that being said, what's the big deal.

On a side note, I clicked on the "catholicmatch" ad at the top of this page, I think I found a nun in a Columbian mission who could possibly be my sould mate.

20. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I'm only this far, but wanted to say, "Excellent post!"

Nowhere in scripture do we read "Rahab the former harlot".

This flesh is filthy rotten and dying. I'm so glad that when one is born again, that outward man is cut off of the inner man. Anna Nicole Smith was a very unhappy individual. She wasn't happily wallowing in sin. She was quite miserable. I feel sorry for her.