1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Adventure in Canada

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by procyon, Dec 18, 2005.

1. procyon

procyon New Member

It was after a very long time that I got an opportunity to go abroad, this time to Canada. I said, Lord, I want to witness for You; make me Your witness! I was so excited to go to the West!

It was Sunday evening when I landed in Montreal. Heavy jet-lag, tired and disoriented. Within 15 minutes of getting down at Hotel Belvedere, I crashed into the front glass door! I almost chipped a tooth and a lens came out of my spectacles [fortunately not broken]. My lip was cut and swollen. I was praying, Lord, have mercy on me! The hotel management was absolutely indifferent. {It's another matter that exactly 2 days later somebody else crashed into the front side glass door and shattered it into smithereens!} [Canada is dust-free, unlike Asia! And we Asian have never seen dust-free transparent doors!]

I rang up to a pastor friend in Michigan, USA and got medical advice and prayer. Tylenol helped!

The next day I ate in Macdonalds; they use beef-fat and that upset my stomach. The first was an exterior attack; now it was interior! :( I said, Lord, I wanted to witness for you, and look what is happening. Once again, pastorly advice over phone from Michigan and prayer. Imodium helped! [I switched over to Subway; goodbye Mac, forever! [​IMG] ]

It was on the third day that I 'rose again', i.e. came to normal. I stood outside my hotel and tried to distribute tracts. White Canadian passed by; the tract was rejected. [I felt a sinking feeling; would they refuse the tracts? :( ] Then an immigrant; he took the tract. It was like 50-50; the local 'christian?' Canadians rejected the tracts; the 'heathen' immigrants and tourists took them! :rolleyes:

The prosperity of Montreal. The complacency. The indifference to spiritual things. The way material riches choked out the things of the spirit.Fine Catholic churches; all empty. Quebec didn't need God; they worshipped money. :eek:

The same week I opened the papers and read that Canada had passed an Act legalizing homosexual marriages! :mad:

Rue St Catherine is a fascinating part of Downtown Montreal. I saw a group of American youngsters doing some kind of skit watched mostly by tourists. They were trying to give the gospel through dance! The method was all wrong; it had the effect of a flea-bite on the seared Montreal conscience. Another man was trying to distribute Bibles [New Testaments] on his own; nobody was taking them! [​IMG]

How can the walls of Montreal [Jericho] come tumbling down? Much prayer! Much mourning over sin! Waiting upon the Lord! But if there a consecrated few [even a group of five, Lev 26.8] they can bring the gospel into this beautiful but God-forsaken province, destroying every Satanic stronghold! [​IMG]

2. procyon

procyon New Member

Hmm. I'm waiting for Gekko to read this. May be I should send him a post over p.m.

3. procyon

procyon New Member

Hey, Gekko, where are you? :confused: Or have you got over your forum-addiction? [​IMG]