Another Attack on Gun Rights

Discussion in 'News / Current Events' started by Don, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Don

Don
    Expand Collapse

The stores in question were found to not be at fault, having followed the laws of Illinois and its communities. So now these people want to sue the communities to force them to require the gun shops to adopt even more stringent requirements.

Frivolous lawsuit; but I wouldn't be surprised if judges in Illinois rule in favor of this group.

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

Better sue car dealerships for selling vehicles to those who have DUI's, too.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan
    Expand Collapse

I doubt anything will come of it. But if these anti-2nd Amendment groups want to waste their money, then go for it.

First of all, gun shops are regulated at the state and federal level, not the local level. So that's one strike against the anti-Constitutionalists.

Trust me on this. I used to manage a sporting goods store that had a very large hunting and firearms department. We had manager who literally did nothing except act as a compliance officer.

Second, lawsuits like this have already been tried and lost.

Third...I forgot what my third point was, but I'm sure it was brilliant.

4. Don

Don
    Expand Collapse

Actually, to be a proper analogy: better sue communities that don't require car dealerships to run background checks and deny selling cars to those with DUI or other driving offenses....