1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Another Blow to Saturday Resurrection sababatarian theory!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Look at “~(a) Today

(b) Tommorow

(c) Third Day

From the words of our Lord and Savior, THIRD day is the day after tomorrow. Working backwards, from the day after tomorrow, today is the third day.~”

Ever considered the more likely because more ~logical deduction~ . . .

(a) Today

(b) Tommorow

(c) Third Day

‘(c) THIRD Day’ is the day after ‘(b) Tommorow’. Working backwards, from ‘(c) Third Day' after ‘(b) Tommorow’, is ‘(c) Third Day’. RoflmaoLaugh

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    . . . would be "~dead~"?! Not exactly. Because for 3/4 of "the first day they always killed the passover"---no, sorry, for 7/8 of the 24 hours night and day of "the first day they had to kill the passover", Jesus ACTUALLY DIED THE DEATH OF DEATH consciously, and wasn't 'physically' and 'consciously', "~dead~". Therefore one cannot say He was physically and consciously "~dead~" "~THREE NIGHTS~"--- unless He rose from the dead on a fourth and not "on the third day".

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I’m following you like a boerboel blood-hound, everywhere.

You have made your allegation all along and the last time you made it was on this thread. Place here the reference you say you have made here, and now.

#23 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  4. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are really silly
    It matters not what part of the day the Passover is killed, it only matters that Passover was killed on that day. And it matters not at all whether Jesus was killed at the exact hour the Passover was killed if at all there was such an hour.

Jesus was not dead for three nights , it was 'three days and three nights' a duration equally captured by three days and also by third day.

Do yourself a favor and stick to one claim instead of a mishmash of nonsense.

I suggest you start with biblical proof dispute that the third day is anything but the day after tomorrow

5. vooks

vooks Active Member

This is your post
    http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/mark-contains-three-four-visits-to-the-tomb.97996/#post-2204613
    On it you claimed Angels never appeared to the women on ALL THREE visits to the tomb!

So please show me a single visit to the tomb by women where there were no angels Or one which had angels but they never informed the women of the resurrection

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Jesus was not “~dead~” for "~three days and three nights~" or for “~a duration of three days~" or for "the third day" only, or for "the third day" fully. He said He would be "in the heart of the earth", which is not "~dead~", “three days and three nights". He said He would be "in the heart of the earth", which is not "~dead~", but would "build the temple" of the killed and raised up again temple of his body and person, "in three days"; He said He would be "in the heart of the earth", which is not "~dead~", but would "rise again on the third day" that He would be and had been “in the heart of the earth”.

It really is hard for me to reason with someone like you; with someone of your class or kind or standing. You are a bigger challenge to anyone’s patience than you are to intelligence, integrity and or debating ethics, combined. I only pray that God help me defend his Word worthily.

Re: Vooks,
    “~It matters not what part of the day the Passover is killed,~”

God thought it of importance enough, first, to command the passover “MUST be killed”, “was ALWAYS killed “on the fourteenth day of the First Month”, “the FIRST day they killed the passover”; “the FIRST day you must REMOVE leaven”. In fact on “THE VERY first day / the HEAD first day”. In fact “NOT on the feast (of the passover)”---twice!

And Jesus warned his disciples, “Ye know that after two days is the passover and the Son of Man is betrayed to be crucified!” Prayed Jesus before He went out on the Last Supper, “The hour is come … lest a Corn of Wheat fall into the ground and die.” “O my Father … let this cup pass Me: not as I will but as Thou wilt”. “The Son of Man goeth AS IT IS WRITTEN OF HIM: … Thou shalt kill it between the late watch quarters of days”. And then eventually Jesus DIED precisely to God's will and predestination: “and it was the NINTH hour.”

God Vooks declares, “~a mishmash of nonsense~”.

But “~the third day is anything but the day after tomorrow~” is “~biblical proof~”.

#26 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 18, 2016
  7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's time I start yelling at you!

What did I write: Do you see I wrote: "~a single visit to the tomb by women where there were no angels~"?!

Or did I write: Q~Angels also have not "on EVERY trip informed them that Jesus was resurrected".~EQ!?

Does the fact Q~Angels also have not "on EVERY trip informed them that Jesus was resurrected"~EQ imply angels were present?

Well, then where is it where I wrote of any visit by women where there were no angel(s) present?!

What shall I call you!!!

God help me . . .

PS
    I am not on BaptistBoard to argue my words but to discuss the Word of God. Don't again ask me something about what I had said in the past. I'll as far as possible say everything needed to be said by myself in every post.

#27 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 18, 2016
  8. vooks

vooks Active Member

Third day is the day after tomorrow regardless of however you fantasize Jesus fulfilling the Law

#28 vooks, Feb 18, 2016
  9. vooks

vooks Active Member

Don't be a [Edited: Name Calling] any more than you already are.

I have given you proof.

Here is @Hark, suggesting how i should phrase my question;
    And here is your response;
    So, who are these 'them'? Rock Hyraxes or salamanders? Or a pack of Leviathans? They are the women @Hark talked about.

Since you reckon they made three trips, and you contend that 'Angels also have not "on EVERY trip informed them that Jesus was resurrected"', does it not follow that on at least one of their three trips they never met no angels, or they met an angel or Angels but they never informed them of Jesus' resurrection?

Here is a chance to redeem yourself.

In your 'synopsis', is there any instance women visited the tomb and they either;
    (a) never met no angels, or
    (b) met Angels but they were not informed of Jesus' resurrection?

#29 vooks, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
  10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Visits at the tomb “on the First Day

1) “Mary sees the stone removed”, “while being early darkness still”, dusk. Then Peter and John go to the tomb to see what Mary has told them. (Jn20:1-10)

No angel; no angels; no telling.

2) “Earliest morning- darkness”, just after midnight, “the two women” (variant – the two Marys), “and certain others with them”, for the first time, “came to the sepulchre, bringing the spices they had prepared”. (Lk24:1) “They returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest.”

Two angels telling

3) These women to make sure, a second time came to the tomb “very early before sunrise”. (Mk16:2)

One angel telling

4) Mary from after the others had fled in fear (Mk16:8) “had had stood after without at the grave” (Jn20:11). At the time a gardener should begin work, about sunrise, Jesus “early … first appeared to Mary”. (Mk16:9)

Two angels telling MM sultsch.

5) Soon after – after they a third time have visited the tomb and “the angel explained” to them what had happened during the Resurrection – Jesus appears to the other women “as they went to tell his disciples”. (Mt28:5, 9)

#30 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 18, 2016
  11. vooks

vooks Active Member

It is my duty to call out your insanity and guide you to the saving truth of the Word of Life.

You make moronic claims and you ascribe them to the holy scriptures! That's blasphemy.

You further compound your blasphemy by lying about it! Satan is the father of all lies...what a dad you have in lucifer @Gerhard!

12. vooks

vooks Active Member

Here is @Hark, suggesting how i should phrase my question;
    And here is your response;
    So, who are these 'them'? Rock Hyraxes or salamanders? Or a pack of Leviathans? They are the women @Hark talked about.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It was a chance to redeem yourself which you, Vooks, let slip past you.

But tell me Vooks, after all, what do you want to proof with the proof you have gathered in confirming there every time were angels at each visit the women accomplished at the tomb?

And what would you do if you could ~prove~ GE was wrong or did not agree with Vooks?

What on earth dear Vooks? Because you've got me there for sure!

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So?

15. vooks

vooks Active Member

It is not proof but prove! Go back to school

Can you be humble for once in your wretched and unproductive life and withdraw the Angel-less visit to the tomb by women claim, and unconditionally apologize for denying this.

After this you may want to hypothesize about my intent. But I will not have your puny brains overheating trying to second guess me, my intent is to demolish your moronic 'synopsis' bit by bit.

16. vooks

vooks Active Member

Why did you deny advancing an angel-less tomb visit by the women?

The reason why you have never and will never amount to anything in theology barring talking to and arguing with yourself is because your brains are scattered all over. In short, you can't focus on anything. It could be a mental disorder or a deliberate attempt to stall a debate when it goes against you. I suspect the latter because whenever we seem to agree, your focus is razor sharp. You only stray into mindless rambling when cornered.

Back to your 'synopsis'
    (a) Do you still stand by your three trips to the tomb by the women?
    (b) do you agree that on each of this trip the women encountered an angel or angels who informed them of Jesus' resurrection?

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Fine. Now it is clear what your intention was with all your bickering about irrelevant meaningless minuscule misinformation. And you illustrated and proved it right here where you have for the first time revealed your covert ideas and ideals.

Therefore, first of, let's get the emphasis right in the above . . .

"~you contend that 'Angels also have not "on EVERY trip informed them that Jesus was resurrected"',~"

"~you contend that angels also have not"on every trip informed them that Jesus was resurrected"',~" --- which remark of mine you, Vooks, intentionally misinterpreted as were I claiming there was at least one visit at the tomb where there were no angels. And you thought the moment I would consent ---to your, instigated blunder---, you could shout hurray and prove me the fool you nevertheless have been calling me all the while without proof. So you searched and prayed and lied and concocted to get me so far as to say, Ok Vooksie, I was wrong and you were right.

But now it’s clear for anyone interested that you have hoped that I would supply evidence for you which you could use against me and make the following claim, “~It follows that on at least one of their three trips the women never met no angels, or they met an angel or angels but they never informed them of Jesus' resurrection~” NB. Negation changed into Affirmation and emphasis adapted by CGE.

Do I now understand what Vooks had in mind with all this? Less than ever! What does Vooks want to prove?!

#37 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 18, 2016
  18. vooks

vooks Active Member

So, what took you eternities to respond to such a question?
    Are you bipolar because if you are I can excuse your frail recollection of what you said

Once again,
    I'm glad you have succeeded in derailing this powerful rebuttal to Saturday resurrection idiocy, but it is well.

Were the women informed of Jesus' resurrection on each of their 'three' trips to the tomb by an angel/angels?

Watch yourself digressing and pretending the question to be non-existent.

#38 vooks, Feb 18, 2016
  19. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is either the flesh or spiritual darkness in the heavenly realm or both that is hindering the progress of the discussion in serving Him.

Bowing out. Prayer is needed. Nothing else will help for now.

20. vooks

vooks Active Member

You're too holy for anything. At this rate I see you translated like Enoch any time