1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Boder Agent Charged

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 7, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

BISBEE, Arizona (Reuters) - A U.S. Border Patrol agent must stand trial for murder in the shooting of a Mexican man trying to enter the United States, an Arizona judge ruled Monday in a case that drew criticism from Mexico.
    Agent Nicholas Corbett was charged in April with four counts of homicide in the January 12 shooting of Francisco Dominguez Rivera shortly after he crossed the border illegally on a stretch of desert between Douglas and Naco.
    Cochise County Justice of the Peace David Morales ruled the evidence supported lesser charges of second-degree murder, but threw out charges of first-degree murder, which supposes premeditation.
    The ruling followed a preliminary hearing that heard evidence from three illegal immigrants present at the shooting, a pathologist, county sheriff's detectives and two Border Patrol supervisors.
    No date was set for Corbett's arraignment.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN0645298420070807?feedType=RSS&rpc=22&sp=true

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the other 2 agents had a good case against them???????
    Star witness: illegal, drug dealer granted immunity!?!?!

Kruschev was correct, they will bury us simply because we are digging our own grave under their instructions.

With friends like our justice system (as it is becoming--) we sure don't need any enemies to destroy us.

As the old country song says; "We can handle that job all by ourselves!"

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

President Bush has got to go soon. This is beyond words. His policy on immigration should be an impeachable offense. I am sick of this.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Crossing the border illegally is not a capital offense. If found guilty, this guy should pay the price.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The border patrol is allowed to defend themselves when an illegal alien makes a threatening move toward him.

Are you suggesting the border patrolman should have waited until he was hurt or dying, before defending himself?

There seems to be something wrong with that logic.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No, I am suggesting that someone holding up a rock is not sufficient a threat to use deadly force. Gross overreaction it would appear to me.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Now that is a good post. This new charge is a continuation of the two in jail. All three should be given the medal of honor. They should get their jobs back, and lots of punitive money from the government.

The Bush Cheney administration is as rotten to the core and inept as any in our history. If the time were not so short for this trash to leave office, I would say impeach them. There is not enough time left for the process.

All of you that keep defending men of this character ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't think a rock to the head can be fatal? :confused:

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think all law enforcers should be taught to shoot-to-disable and not kill in situations like this when they clearly see the other party is not armed with a gun.

The thigh would be a better and bigger target than the arm or the hand.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That requires a split second decision they don't need to be making. By aiming at a smaller target, the risk of missing looms larger and could be fatal.

Center mass should always be their target. Leave the sharpshooting where it belongs, in the movies.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I believe that President Bush's policy on immigration calls into question his character and his motives behind everything he has done. That is not an exceptance of the wacko conspiracy theories.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Your reasoning is well thought out. All one has to do is observe over time this administration. It is beyond me how any conservative Christian can continue to support this person, and his continued support on this board is beyond my understanding.

You are correct. This is not a conspiracy theory. Everything this administration touches is a disaster or furthers the liberal cause. The issue on this thread, the immigration issue and border agents, is near the top of the worst.

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Good Point Carpro. The moment that the rock was picked up it became a deadly weapon. I don't know how far away the agent was from the fleeing illegal at the time but I would venture to guess that if he was within 30ft or so then the potential for being assaulted with a rock could have had some deadly consequences and yet there are still some things about this incident that we don't know. One might speculate that the illegal who was fleeing was wanting for the agent to wound him in hopes of recieving a tidy sum of cash and free medical care, this guy just made a bad choice and paid the big price for it.