1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

another chance....

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Iconoclast, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In another thread that was closed...I asked ITL to respond biblically to these questions that arose. He might have wanted to respond, so I will offer him another chance here! feel free to participate scripturally....

InTheLight

hello ITL...let's see what is on your mind

ITL...can you name anything at all...that has come to pass, or that will come to pass...that is {not ordained of God} could you offer a biblical explanation of this how God is God, and yet...in your mind things happen outside of His control. be specific if you can.
    ITL.....are you saying that you are not one of God's elect?
    The way you post this indicates you see being elect of God as a dirty word, or something you can speak with contempt about.
    Are all , everyone, who believes by God given faith...ELECT..??
    Again...answer and offer some bible please..like here;

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ,

according to the faith of God's elect,

and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I enjoy this teaching and am thankful everyday for it...are you?
    Do you believe you are elect of God?

If you can show where i make such a claim...post it. i do strive to know as much as i can know and have much to still learn.

Is it possible you are trying to undermine me personally as if to dismiss what i post because we are not in agreement? Be a big boy and offer where you think i am in error,and offer scripture to demonstrate if I offer something defective....i will read and consider it..I will surely do that.

Do you think it is just possible that you do not like the teaching itself..on an emotional level.So you think that by trying to portray me in such a way as you have done you think it will all just disappear? maybe think that over a bit more. ITL...offer whatever critique you want...i welcome it if it is meant to correct me.

ok..let's once again look at your list here...
    Yes he does....
    30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

ITL....where does it say God has to save all men.he has not purposed to do so.That he saves any is His business.He has chosen to save all he can jstly save according to His Holy purpose.I trust God is doing just as he has Covenanted to do...Do you believe so...or do you find fault with God..Rom9

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
    you seem to indicate there is ITL
    15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

ITL..could you speak to these verses and explain your understanding to me, rather than try to diminish me..based on your speculation on my character.

Show me how these verses do not say what they clearly say on this matter as you find this idea .....not correct.

free will does not exist...so this starts on a wrong premise.

The God of the bible declares himself to be...do you believe He is ITL, or do you think of a god who can only do what you approve of?

Did Adam do it? or did God send angels to tie him down and force feed him?
    God gave Him his word and the certainty of what took place...Adam sinned.
    God did not sin.
    This whole let's blame God for Adams sin...comes 24/7 from those who turn from the biblically revealed truth.

the context defines it to anyone who is honest about it.

there are no contradictions...but there are many other misunderstandings.

#1 Iconoclast, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where are you ITL??? Still working on a response?

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will bite....

Blasphemy against the name of God is not ordained by God.

God is not the cause of His own Lament.

Satan is not acting under direct orders from God to do evil.

Evil is not "ordained by God".

In Calvinism if "God is not limited to the role of merely a robot maker - then He cannot be God".

The Bible does not endorse such ideas.

in Christ,

Bob

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan

If it takes place it surely is...

I think you do not understand the scriptural language is written for our benefit.
    He is not forced to...yet God did set bounds for his wickedness.

Thanks for trying Bob...if you see ITL and he is not in a secret location like the witness protection program....invite him to offer his biblical ideas here.
    He seemed to feel very free to say all manner of things before he was responded to.....curious how he will respond now...:wavey: