1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

another Christian executed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Chessic, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Waited a while for this to get mentioned here, but doesn't look like it has, so here goes:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534728,00.html

Not a lot of info on this from the AP, but if this is accurate, it is a good reminder that we need to remember our brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world in prayer.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anticipating alatide's, Snow's, MB's and Crabtownboy's responses, I'll just say: She should have been obeying the law, which is separate from the Church.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

{SARCASM ALERT!!!!}She obviously was not a true Christian, because she did not obey the "authority" over her! {SARCASM OFF}

4. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

Acts 5:27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
    28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
    29 ¶Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's the matter with you? Haven't you heard of "seperation of church and state"? Jesus doesn't care what the government does!

6. MrJim

MrJim New Member

:praying: ~~blood of the martyrs...

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Aaron, you have enough trouble when you speak for yourself, please don't speak for me.

The story says she was executed for being an alleged spy (probably a lie) and for handing out bibles. Another thread ask which country we thought was the greatest threat. I picked North Korea. I would not expect anything else from this government. I would also imagine that for every story like this we hear about, there are many we will never find out about.