1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Degree Mill

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Columbia

Do we have any Columbia Evangelical grads here?

2. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe New Member

Amen!......

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

People usually get what they seek. If they seek degrees they get degrees but it is usually not accompanied by any temperature. It is simply getting their ticket punched to get a job. That kind of person is a slap in Jesus' face.

4. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would seem as if you paint with a broad brush by stating this. I as of yet have no degrees, am not enrolled in college, but am seeking to be soon. I have a legitimate hunger for the Word and Knowledge of God. There are great men of God with and without degrees and it would seem that in either instance that a desire for the knowledge of Him is what drives an individual. I know this is my own personal motivation but I guess we would be speaking of the "perfect world" if this was the case. I just don't think it's as easy as saying someone with a degree is a slap in Jesus' face.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You misunderstood me. If you seek God then you will get God. If you only seek degrees then you will only get degrees. You will only get what you seek. It is possible that one could seek to avoid getting a degree by focusing on self instead of God first.

6. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. It sounds as if you are echoing Jeremiah 29:11,13. Well said.:thumbs:

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So...if you seek God and His calling and go to seminary to attain a degree...you are not really seeking God? :confused: