1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another gaff for Thompson

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Oct 26, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will have a chance to vote in the primaries. Who wins the GOP nomination to take on Senator Clinton depends upon who wins the most delegates to the GOP national nominating convention.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

Well, our primary in NC is May 6, three months after your Feb 5, Super Tuesday primary in Arkansas. So we will see how many canidates I have to pick from by then.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't the North Carolina legislature thinking about moving it to February 5th?

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Well I am in NH, I will do my part to Get Ron Paul on the ticket for ya! :)

Jamie

5. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

That's the spirit! :thumbs:

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

They have talked about it but I think it is too late for 2008. Only 5 states are later than us so our vote usually doesn't matter for federal elections.

Of course if there was ever a really tight race then our votes would become very important. Nobody later than us has more delegates.

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't let them fool you. The last time that Paul ran--1988--against the GOP and against the Bush family, he only got a ½ million votes. That is a good gauge of the Libertarian strenght. They like to make a lot of noise because they are improvident with their money.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indiana never has any say as far as delagetes go, either. Our primay has always been in May. There doesn't seem to be a good way to fix the system. Some are saying that we should have 4 regional primaries. I think that the national conventions should be shortened since especially when the nominee has been decided by the primaries. If there was a deadlock in the primaries, then a convention might need to be longer.

The GOP is in good shape this year. The Democrats, with a lack of candidates and the Clintons' hammerlock on the Democrat Party, are stuck with Hillary already. And she looks like a sure loser. Can anyone imagine being married to her? The GOP, on the other hand, has a number of good candidates, and are taking their time in spite of the Democrats insistence that the GOP hurry up. I think that the GOP should go on vacation until the first of the year.

Fred Thompson got a nice compliment by a very astute person today. Charles Krauthammer wrote:

"As for Thompson, he is a paradox, too. He's been around forever -- since Watergate -- and yet is mostly a blank slate. Can anybody remember anything of significance he achieved in his eight years in the Senate? Nonetheless, he helped himself in Orlando, showing that while he can be appealingly amiable and affable -- a Reaganesque quality that should not be underestimated when people decide who they want in their living rooms for the next four years -- he can be tough, as demonstrated by his opening salvo at Giuliani's social liberalism."

Krauthammer says that the GOP has 4 good Presidential candidates. I have to applaud McCain for saying that he didn't go to Woodstock because he was tied up at the time. That is in sharp contrast to Hillary, who wants to spend federal money to build a museum at that dump of narcotics and adultery and nudism. She is sick, you know.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/CharlesKrauthammer/2007/10/26/taking_reagan_out_of_the_race

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Senator Clinton looks like a sure winner. The GOP most likely will get its clock cleaned across the board in November 2008.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken , it's so strange . We are at one with most of our theological views ( I think ) , but world's apart politically . Ms. Clinton will have to buy a brand-new clock next year, D.V.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I think it will be horrible for Senator Clinton to win. The Republicans are just in such bad shape politically that I think that their presidential candidate is simply going to be like Dole in 1996 - taking one for the team.