1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Hero

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

A 27-year-old Tulsa, Oklahoma man has spent the last 5 years helping hospital patients as a volunteer, despite being confined to a wheelchair with Cerebral Palsy. Truly an angel of mercy!

CLICK HERE

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never cease to be amazed at the attitude of some folk who we (normal??) see as handicapped, yet are far more loving, enthusiastic, & thankful, than us (again - normal??) who are whole!!

This type of person always makes me a little ashamed of my pettiness when a minor becomes a major thru no reason except my discomfort with it.

The longer I live and experience life, I lean more & more to the idea that one of the absolute most debilitating sins any of us can have is INGRATITUDE.

When you aren't grateful for the good that you have, it becomes so much easier to be resentful for the bad that you have, and perspective then works against any hope of contentment. Ever seen a chronic complainer that was happy??

Sorta like if you dwell on the faults of your spouse rather than the good points, it won't be long before you are looking over the field for an up-dated model.

Conversely when you fixate on the good, you will thank God daily for giving you a mate that you don't feel you deserve - which in most cases we don't!!