1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another old soldier passes into glory!

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by paidagogos, Jan 10, 2007.

1. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Dr. Walter Fremont, longtime Dean of Education at BJU, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday, January 7, 2007. He was my mentor and friend. I praise God for his ministry and influence on my life as well as many other lives. Dr. Fremont left us a great example and legacy of humble and faithful service to the Lord. You may read more about him at the following link: http://www.bju.edu/fremont.html

In the past few weeks, Fundamentalism has lost some great men of God including Dr. Bob Kelly, Dr. Tom Malone and Dr. Walter Fremont. They will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved them.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I did not know the man but I do understand the sorrow of losing someone who has had such a positive influence on your life in so many ways.

My condolences.

thjplgvp

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

He'll be missed

As a long-time resident of the Greenville SC area I remember meeting and having the privilege to know Dr.Fremont from the early days after I got saved in 1977 while I was attending Southside Baptist Church of which he and his dear wife Trudy were members. My memory of him was that he was a warm hearted and gracious man that exuded Christ-likeness. He counseled me several times thanks to a mutual friend from BJU and while I can't remember specifics I do know that I received warm and wise counsel from him. Heaven is no doubt a richer place and I look forward to seeing Dr. Fremont there someday. My prayers go out to his family...I'm sure they miss him.

Greg Perry Sr.:praying: