1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another question about divorce

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Emily, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Emily

Emily New Member

Almost two years ago now, my brother's wife left him for another man.

The day she moved out was one of the saddest days of my life. I sat with my brother at their home and watched her pull up with the moving truck and one of her best girlfriend's and watched her load the truck up and leave. I watched my brother just look at her and hold back the tears. At one point, I couldnt take it anymore and I had to run out of the house. I didnt want my brother to see me cry because I was there to support him, but I was losing my sister and I just couldnt believe that she could let adultery seep into their home and ruin their marriage.

While they were in the process of divorce, I invited my brother to church with me and spoke to him about the Lord and my brother got saved by himself reading his bible at home.

He knew that divorce was not for the Christian, so He wrote her love letters and tried calling her (she turned off her phone when he would call though).. When he did talk to her he asked if she would see a Christian counselor with him and she refused, saying that a Christian counselor would want them to work at a marriage that wasnt worth saving to her.. It was horrible.

Well, two years later, and my brother just got married to another lady.. a fantastic Christian lady who's husband left her right at the same time that my brothers wife left him (he however, was a gay man.. he left her for his perversion). I love her, but.. but, sometimes I am still so angry because she is NOT who he is supposed to be with.

I know there is nothing that can be done now. I know that they are divorced and its over and everything is fine on the surface..

However, I was reading the question concerning divorce in a different post, and I guess my question is this..

If my brother and his first wife are eternally married in God's eyes.. does this mean that his marriage to his new wife is invalid? and if so, does this mean that if his old wife came back after repenting, that he would have to leave his wife now and go back to her? biblically speaking, is his marriage now nothing but continual adultery?

this is where it gets foggy for me.

2. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

The answer to the question is, NONE OF THE ABOVE!

There is no such thing as "eternal marriage", that is a myth in several religions. It was given by God to man to be a comfort of sorts. "It is not right for man to be alone". Maybe God saw that man alone was too happy, so he created woman from his side, and she's been a pain in his side ever since.......JUST KIDDIN'

The truth is that spirits do not bond and become one, spirits always remain uniquely individual. I've witnessed entirely too many deaths and divorces where after the event, one or the other spouse does tie up with another in wedded bliss.

Besides in heaven there is no marriage or giving in marriage, we are eternal beings and there is no need or means to procreate to perpetuate the species.

So the answer to your question is NO! NONE OF THE ABOVE.

3. JustAsIAm

JustAsIAm New Member

Emily,

Yelsew is right. Your brother and his new wife have committed no sin because they were left!

Love your former sister-in-law, and pray for her salvation. My family has been wracked by divorce also, and I still consider the former In-laws my family. Embrace your new sister-in-law and thank God that He has given your brother a second chance at happiness!