1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Another question about Duck Dynasty

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you point me to a link or information that demonstrates that this congregation believes that baptism is essential for salvation?

I don't know if you know this, but the so-called "Church of Christ" view of the essential nature of baptism is not uniform throughout the Church of Christ movement. Many Church of Christ congregations believe the same as Baptists in this regard.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is someone really violating your right of “free speech” if they’re not using the power of the state to censor you? What if they’re “only” trying to get you fired, shamed out of public life, universally reviled, and left as a laughingstock — all without taking even a moment to address the conservative’s underlying argument? To some, that’s just a battle of free speech (conservative comment) versus free speech (lefty efforts to ruin your life), and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be reminded of the law, thank you very much.​

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...h-palin-and-mark-steyn-are-right-david-french

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the same reasoning, why would Christians have gotten worked up over a bunch of heretical, unbelieving Jews suffering in Germany and elsewhere.

Next time your rights are trampled, [which may be a while as you are a screaming liberal and would be allowed with impunity to slander, assault and otherwise intimidate those with whom you disagree] we'll let you rot because of some error in your teaching.

:thumbs:

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm 99% certain he won't do so. Zaac never answers questions, never provides proof of his assertions. We'll see.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

In the words of their White's Ferry COC Elder Mike Kellet:

And as the church continues to back them and give them a larger platform, they continue to spread this false teaching to more and more:

But of course none of this matters to some as they will ignore what has been said and still attempt to justify since they aren't "preaching that on the show.

But expanding their platform on the show expands their platform off the show to preach their lies.

It's the same reason why the church should not have backed a Mormon candidate for President.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

He hasn't bothered to look it up and see if they believe in baptismal regeneration or not. Likely doesn't even know what church the Robertson's belong to.

As it happens, they belong to White's Ferry Road Church of Christ in Monroe. There are conflicting blogs and other Internet statements regarding whether WFR teaches baptismal regeneration. I suspect one would have to go to the pastors and ask them directly, since so many people seem to want to claim knowledge of what they teach but the church website has no evidence on it of believing baptismal regeneration. The statement of faith reads:

But Zaac didn't bother to look any of that up, even though it took me only three minutes to find a CofC church in Monroe and make a connection to the Robertsons through it.

#26 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2013
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You don't know what Zaac bothered to look up so speak for YOU and not me.:thumbsup:

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yes I do, because if you could prove your "point" without fear of being contradicted by the other articles on the web countering it, you'd have posted it a long time ago. So nice try, Zaac-a-doodle, but you once again turn in an epic fail.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're a bit on the crazy side if you think saying you speak for me actually means you speak for me. Yep right back to the IGNORE file.:smilewinkgrin: