1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another question for Calvinists part2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Jan 4, 2011.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BTW: What translation is being used "higher powers", "damnation", perhaps this might be a "bone of contention".

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I hope you have never "grumbled" about paying your taxes or perhaps have tried to fight a speeding ticket in court or something similar.

3. quantumfaith

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. quantumfaith

Are we to obey civil and governmental authorities when they are godless and demand that we worship whatever secular god may be proposed? What if we were ancient romans who were ordered to worship and pay homage to the emperor?

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

And you are a real man, it takes a lot of courage to admit when you are wrong.

I am not about being right to exalt myself over others, I just want to know the truth. I do allow myself to get frustrated at times, and often answer sarcastically. I apologize for that.

You have truly gained my respect and we will get along much better now.

THANKS!!

6. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

How is grumbling resisting? Resisting is when you don't pay your taxes and speeding tickets! explain it to me DHK?

#66 charles_creech78, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
  7. charles_creech78

I really want to learn. I don't want to be right about everything and most of the time I am wrong. I love all of you and just want to be up and alway be about my fathers business. I want to learn! From now on I will try to listen more. Not only to the words I see but to my spirit also.

8. Grace&Truth

Grace&Truth New Member

True if you are refering to a temporal judgment (or chastisement) but the context here is not refering to etenal judgment. For instance, if a saved person breaks the law they will never suffer eternal judgment (damnation)

9. charles_creech78

So out of your words who will receive damnation?

10. Grace&Truth

Grace&Truth New Member

KJV, with explanations given of the Greek words.

11. Grace&Truth

Grace&Truth New Member

If you mean eternal damnation it would be those who have not been saved by grace through faith. In other words those who are not depending on Christ finished work on the cross.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Charles, read Acts 5:17-29. Here Peter and the apostles were commanded by the authorities not to preach the gospel and were thrown in prison, but angel released them and commanded them to speak in the temple. When they were found the high priest asked, "Did we not straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name?", to which Peter answered, "We ought to obey God rather than men."
    Yes, we are to obey the laws, except when they go against God's commands. An example is when doctors in military hospitals are ordered to perform abortions. Many have refused and rightfully so.

13. charles_creech78

I just want all who posted on this thread that I am sorry for anything I said out of the way! About the chastising from God. I believe he loves us and it is his way of showing us that he loves us. I don't believe we can do what ever we want to as Christians. We are keep by the power of God. To walk in his light! But like I said we have a thorn in the flesh. We can say things and I know this by experience that we say things that are out of the way because of our ignorance which I have so unproudly shown. I can only try to make myself better and with the help of the Lord I will try. For the rest of you I am sorry for my ignorance! God bless.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The context of "he who resisteth the higher power resisteth God," is speaking of the government. Your comment of those who resist are damned or not saved would therefore include all those who resist the government's laws on taxes and those who resist their authority to collect them. They are resisting the "higher authority" and therefore resisting God. God put governments in place for a reason.

Perhaps we shouldn't "grumble" against what God has put in authority either, for would not that be grumbling against God. Instead, do something about it. Pray for those in authority that you may lead a peaceable life. When the next election comes, you can attempt to do something then. In the meantime perhaps there are other peaceful means you can use. Grumbling is a sin.

BTW, we get the government that we deserve.

#74 DHK, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  15. charles_creech78

:thumbsup: Got it!

#75 charles_creech78, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011