1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another question for the PB's or maybe all.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by percho, Jul 18, 2011.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The intro into the question is a little long.

The following verse from Joel 2 follows the verse in Acts 2 quoting Joel 2 when the Holy Spirit came at Pentecost.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Acts 15:14,17 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

The question.

If those in bold be the church,the elect, the predestined, and are the ones Christ died for, did he also die for those underlined and what is their fate?

I will say where I stand. I believe the predestined are so for a purpose of God that pertains to the rest of mankind living or dead.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
    For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Is there more to judgment than sentencing?