1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Another raised up on camera!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by plain_n_simple, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

But easy for the gullible.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So they stripped him in front of everyone because he pooped in his pants????? Apparently you've never been in a situation of a medical emergency.

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

It's A Hijacking...Hands Up Everybody!

Oldtimer....AMEN...glad ya got a blessing out of that....!

Everybody....Hands Up...This is a (temporary) hijacking...of this thread anyway. I don't normally advocate that but I figure THIS THREAD could use a dose of true blessing, real TRUTH, reality...and the word of God preached in real POWER. I direct everybody's attention to the link that our dear brother Oldtimer has posted in the quote above....and if he (or any of you) wants a little more information about this wonderful old annual camp meeting then visit the links below:

The Greer Baptist Camp Meeting (official website)

Greer Baptist Camp Meeting(history of the camp)

Now...as for the OP of this thread...(the hijacking is finished)It is sad to see anyone so carried away by deception and gullibility. This is the kind of stuff you'd expect to see on some charismatic TV show like Ernest Angley, Benny(the master deceiver)Hinn or Oral Roberts or something like that. There is absolutely NOTHING that lends any kind of credibility to it whatsoever. I am genuinely sorry that PnS has been so carried away by something so obviously bogus. For the record...I believe in a miracle working God who has, can, and will truly raise the dead...but this ain't it. Believe me....if this was a true resurrection there would be NO ROOM FOR DOUBT. In our generation...with our technology...this would be on EVERY TV SCREEN in the world...not just some obscure,easily faked YouTube Video on the backroads of the Internet. We need to pray for PnS (I just did..won't you join me?)that the Lord would help him and give Him discernment and wisdom that he would not be carried away in a snare of the devil. :tear:

Bro.Greg:praying:

#43 Gregory Perry Sr., Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's why mothers everywhere tell their children that, in case they need to go to the hospital, they should always wear clean underwear.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unbelievers of what?

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Twice now has the salvation/faith of those who are skeptical of the video been questioned. I would like to know what the basis is for the belief that one is dependent on the other.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed. One must believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ to be saved, not anyone else.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

For the record, I believe God heals today. 12 years ago my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. This was verified by 2 oncologists, both of which said she had 1 year at most to live even with chemotherapy which was only used as a measure to slow the disease. Since it had already spread to all of her lymph nodes, surgery was not an option.
    So as I prepared myself for her death, I stood on my porch one night, alone, and cried out to God not to take my mother from me. She went through 4 months of chemo and another several months of radiation and is cancer free today. Every doctor she has seen in the last 12 years is stumped by the fact that she is alive. Not one has ever seen this kind of thing before.

I absolutely believe God healed her through those doctors just to show them His power.

But do I believe you tube videos? Only if I was the one who witnessed the event to begin with. To believe anything you see on the web is foolishness, especially regarding people you have never met, never will meet, and have no other way to verify what you've seen.

BTW, I have some ocean front property for sale right here in my state of Tennessee if you're interested. Got videos and everything. :smilewinkgrin:

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Great story Amy. G. I believe God heals. He may do so through medicine or He may heal directly all according to His will. Of course death is the ultimate healing for all believers. I first heard this from a doctor of Roman Catholic persuasion!

Just where is that ocean front property located? I have family in Tennessee. They might be interested!:thumbs:

10. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

Hey, just fyi if you do a google search on this "resurrection" there appears to be ample evidence that the whole thing was staged and a fake.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What terms did you use?

12. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Amy, absolutely!

My late SNL was diagnosed with cancer with a maximum of 6 months to live. Spread too far for surgery, according to her doctors. My brother didn't know what he was going to do as they had two sons still in grade school.

She didn't give up. He didn't give up. Their church didn't give up. She was led to another doctor. With surgery and chemo she lived 5 more years. Long enough for her older son to graduate from highschool the week of her funeral. Younger son only had 1 more year to go. While the ending of her story is different from your mother's, without a doubt God gave her those extra years for my brother and their children. What's also amazing, He gave her the strength to work at her job up until the last two weeks of her life. She was at peace when she passed, knowing her sons were old enough to help my brother, and he them, when she left them to be with our Lord.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What church does he pastor? After further investigation, Daniel Ekechukwu (Dan Eke?) is indeed a pastor of the Power Chapel Evangelical Church of Ontisha, Nigeria. Because of this fact I have to posit a very distinct possibility of collusion. Isn't this just too much of a coincidence ... for a church that Bonnke is involved with in Nigeria to have its pastor allegedly die in a car accident and then get raised from the dead by Bonnke, all at a very opportune moment to validate Bonnke's ministry in the face of suits and bad press?

(2) The apparent progression of this bizarre case was:

(a) Transported by ambulance from accident scene

(b) to Federal Medical Center in Boromyuo. Then after Dan Eke protested and said he wanted to be taken to his hometown hospital he was granted this insane request in his alleged condition

(c) and transported over bumpy roads 1 1/2 to 2 hours to Owerri Regional Hospital. Looking for the Eke family doctor, they apparently

(d) moved Dan again to Eunice's Clinic to be declared "dead" by Dr. Jossy Anuebunisa, Daniel’s uncle's (Okoronkwo Emmanuel) doctor who lived near the hospital. Why was a death certificate not given by the Owerri Regional Hospital by the "member of the medical staff" (English CfAN/Charisma story) or "doctor" (German CfAN story) there who allegedly indicated he was dead? Was he really dead OWH? He was then

(e) moved again to his father's house (who is a Mormon) and then

(f) transported to the Ikeduru General Hospital Mortuary. From there he was subsequently

(g) taken to the Bonnke meeting. This guy really got a tour of Nigeria!

(3) His wife was summoned to the Federal Medical Center in Boromyuo, the second stop in his whirlwind tour. Was she with him when he had his accident in the Mercedes? Or did she have to travel 1 1/2 to 2 hours from her home in Ontisha? In either case, why was this not mentioned?

(4) If he had embalming fluid injected into him and he was not dead would it kill him? Not necessarily, according to literature. Embalming fluid is now even being laced with marijuana and shot up by drug addicts because it produces "visual and auditory hallucinations, euphoria, a feeling of invincibility and increased pain tolerance. The high lasts from six hours to three days. " (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_1459000/1459973.stm) Could this be the source of his dream? Could it be that the embalming fluid (or some other "harsh substance"?) put him in a trance and alleviated his pain, then when he was moved all around and to the church he finally came around? Could he have been injected with something else?

(5) The CfAN picture of the casket shows it is likely not a "sealed casket" as is claimed in their article.

If he was supposedly left in a sealed casket his body would have decayed badly over the course of a few days, even with a little embalming fluid injected. (http://www.funerals-ripoffs.org/-1aTot-1.htm) It would have smelled to high heavens! But there is no mention of that. It is likely the casket was not sealed and he could have breathed in it from the mortuary to the church if he were alive and in some catatonic state. Also note the very small size of this casket. Could this big man have fit into what is pictured here?

(6) Was the Bishop's son, Paul an authority on rigor mortis? If not, then that should have been left out of this story that Bonnke claims is not being "sensationalized". Yet the title of the article on the CfAN site is "From Rigor Mortis Corpse to Resurrection Man".

(7) Why aren't any scars evident on Daniel as a result of his head allegedly breaking the windshield of his car? In the pictures directly following the alleged "dead raising" there is no evidence whatsoever that his head went through a windshield.

There is no mention of head injuries prior to, during, after the accident, in the morgue, or in the alleged resurrection in the church. Why not?

(8) Bonnke used this dead raising claim on the Benny Hinn show to validate both of their ministries, even though Bonnke was not even present when it allegedly happened. Also, it happened before ANYONE prayed for him except his Daniel's wife. The fact that Bonnke and Hinn were panned by HBO on their show "A Question Of Miracles" aired 4/15/01, exposing them as fraudulent "faith healers" has a lot to do with the fact that both of these guys were on Hinn's show trying to vindicate themselves. Bonnke, on the Hinn TV show stated that the "dead raising" was to God's glory, yet he also held up the following newspaper article that claimed Bonnke raised Daniel from the dead.

Is this giving the glory to the Lord or to Bonnke? If Bonnke had nothing to do with this incident, then why is he using it to justify his ministry? If they claim that simply bringing Dan Eke into the presence of the "anointed" Bonnke effected his resurrection, then why did it effect the death of countless others?

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/bonnke2.html