1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another spirit

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, Dec 29, 2010.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Amen! Funny how they don't want to talk about the Gospel! They don't want the power to witness, they want the power to heal instead!

:thumbs:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you asking about the baptism of the Holy Ghost in others, or in yourself?

If you're speaking about others, then you're implying that you're looking for "proof" of one's salvation. That's not your job.

The "proof" of one's salvation is the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5). And lest we forget: only God knows what's truly in our hearts. When we talk about "baptism of the Holy Ghost" from a "charismatic" perspective, it usually involves speaking in tongues, or being slain in the spirit, or some other such nonsense. Instead, see my good works, that are based upon my faith, rather than how well I can flop around on the ground or speak things no one can understand. That's the true measure of my salvation.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Exactly and well stated. They don't tend to like Galatians 5, it doesn't shine the light upon them, but upon God. They do however love to tell all the works they have done, and they generally include tears and emotionalism. But of course, then say it wasn't them. They also want us to forget all about the flopping around and other nonsense that they teach and do. We need to look at these manifestations that they have, they only want us to look at healings as proof they are right. :) I'm not fooled.

Looking at all of luke1616s' posts, I'd say he's no Baptist. :)

He's on another mission. Healing and signs.

#23 preacher4truth, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010