1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Thing to Add to Odd Comments

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Aug 22, 2008.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

That is true too.

2. mparkerfd20

mparkerfd20 Member

I'll admit that I got the same impression, but I'm not the type to call someone out on it in public.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's the Name of Your Book????

I have read this thread with interest. I agree with you, though you may have been pushing it by giving him a book so soon, he could have expressed at least a thank you. You don't have any reason to apologize....in fact, if an apology is meant to be made, it should come from the "nose in the air" pastor, IMHO.

I'd like to know the name of the book, because I too am an author.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

4. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Come On!

I think some of the responses to SGW are a bit harsh. This brother should be receiving encouraging words from us. None of us know his motives and should not be passing judgment on what he wrote the book, why he gave the pastor a copy, why he attends the church, or why he is upset because the pastor never commented on the book.

For laughs let me tell you this short story...A few months ago I met an older-than-me pastor who had written a book. He was telling me about it and mentioned that he would bring me a copy. A couple of weeks later I saw him again and he had me a copy of his book. He opened it and showed my where he had signed it for me. He then handed it to me and said, "That will be $10." I was a bit taken aback, but I gave him $10 and took the book. It's probably a good book, and I will one day get around to reading it. Since I didn't ask for a copy of the book I assumed he was giving it to me without cost. Of course, I don't hold it against the brother. In fact, When I think about it I always chuckle. LOL

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I would have told the pastor that I thought the book was free and that I couldn't afford to pay for it. Maybe $10 isn't a big deal to you, but it would be to me on my limited retirement income and 16 medical bills I'm failing to pay on a regular basis due to the lack of money.