1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Way to Force Out Illegal Aliens

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Panama City Sherrif Cracks Down On Illegal Immigrants

What if every city, county, state, and federal law enforcement agency did this? What if we actually tried to enforce the law on a grand scale? Where would the illegal aliens go?

It can be done! It should be done! Don't let the naysayers convince you it's impossible, impractical, too expensive, or too risky.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The easiest ways to stop illegal immigration and to have illegal aliens to leave is to go after those who employ them and to cut them off from any taxpayer-funded benefits.

Start arresting and fining employers and a lot of this illegal alien problem would be solved. The amnesty bill in the U.S. Senate is really more of an amnesty bill for employers than for illegal aliens.

#2 KenH, Jun 28, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  3. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

I received an email not long back that said one had solved the gas price problem and the illegal alien problem at the same time.

He hired illegal aliens to push his car and paid them in pesos. They had to leave the US to spend the money.

Problem solved. :laugh::wavey:

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Dragon, you hit the nail on the head, which is why I'm not thrilled about any immigration legislation. We don't enforce the laws now. What makes anyone think that adding bureacracy (am I the only non-nec con here :laugh:) is the answer? Whether it's going after employers (which could violate the free market) or amnesty or worker permits or national ID cards or sundry other proposals, they will all require susbtantially more interpretation and enforcement, which isn't happening now. If it's not happening now, what makes anyone think it will happen in the future?

5. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I'm completely in favor of doing this as well as rounding them up wherever they are. I'm completely in favor of going after employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens or don't follow reasonable procedures to determine that they are legal.

It is absolutely an amnesty bill that would benefit a very few at the expense of many. It is a disgrace that it's even made it this far.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the Senate bill won't make it any further. It went down to a crushing defeat in the U.S. Senate this morning. And I doubt it will be back until at least after the 2008 elections.

7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:

This is the third town that has done something on their own. One back east made it illegal to rent to illegals. Town cleared out fairly quickly :thumbs:

8. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I'd like to know the name of that town if you can recall it. We have a city here in Texas called Farmers Branch that did this (voter approved) and then, like usual, some judge declared it unconstitutional due to it being the role of the Fed to enforce immigration laws and not municipalities.

9. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just google for "illegal to rent to illegals" and you will find others. The one I was thinking about was back east but don't remember. Looks like there are more than three considering it.:thumbs:

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

How can that law be unconstitutional? Where is it in the Constitution that gives the Federal Govt the right to determine renting to immigrants? I can't think of any case law that would say such, either, unless the judge extrapolated equal protection to minority citizens to extend to illegals, which some erroneously do IMHO.

11. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It's what happens when you lose a republic to federalism. We have a Federal district court judge telling a municipality that they can not enforce a voter approved law because it is the role of the feds to do it. However, by the actions of the Federal executive branch and the Federal legislative body, it is quite apparent that they have little desire to enforce these laws but rather quite the opposite as they desire to give these criminals amnesty to be here. It's a condition that makes no sense if one believes the Federal Government is on the side of national sovereignty, it makes a great deal of sense though, if one believes the Fed intends to dismantle the United States in favor of the NAU.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it is a lack of federalism that is causing us problems. Federalism is the original organizing principle in our nation of the relationship between the federal and state governments.

I think you meant to say that we are losing our republic to centralism.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That we are, Ken, and it's a real shame!