1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Anti-Calvinism Scriptural Food-Fight (By Popular Request)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off Topic!

Please take your personal attacks and begin your thread.

Why is it when I start a thread to supply what the Calvinist/Determinist constantly love to ask for, with simple rules, I get nothing but trolls and personal attacks?!?

2. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off Topic!

There is NO carnal philosophical debate on this thread, it merely for presenting Anti-Calvinism scripture to show it exist WHILE ABIDING TO THE WISHES of the opposition which does not want to engage in ethical rules of debate, the science of logically drawing out the truth in premises, claims and issues!...i.e. "carnal philosophical reasoning" Get it?!? Sheesh!

What's with all these attempts to use carnal reasoning?!? You can't refute the clear meaning of scriptures, this thread is not interested in the interpretations of the blinded.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who do you think? What about my post would lead you to think anything else?

HE HAS PLACED...

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) (Mat 23:37) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

2) Clearly demonstrates grace can be resisted.

3) Refutes the Determinist’ doctrines of Irresistible Grace.

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey! Hey!!!

Please do not resort to "carnal reasoning" the scripture is clearly sufficient with a brief explanation of how it is being interpretated. We must avoid giving rise to them to begin down that road of that carnal philosophical reasoning which they complain about while saying "they" only use scriptures and we don't. Just give them what they asked for so there will be a reference to the scripture which they continually say does not exist.

Don't feed the trolls...

#45 Benjamin, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Lev 1:1 And the LORD called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
    2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man of you bring an offering unto the LORD, ye shall bring your offering of the cattle, even of the herd, and of the flock.
    3 If his offering be a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD.
    4 And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.

These verses demonstrate that any man can worship the Lord. They show that all men have free will. These verses show that God will accept any man who desires to worship him in truth.

This refutes the T, U, and L of Calvinism.

#46 Winman, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

2) Demonstates God's love for the world He created and a promise made to all in it.

3) Refutes the Determinist' doctrines of L.

Got to take a workout break. I trust you guys will stay of topic while I'm gone. :thumbs:

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Isa 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

This verse shows that men have the ability to refuse evil and choose good, refuting the Total Depravity view of Calvinism.

9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

You are trolling Benjamin. There have been a bunch of on topic posts and you have just ranted.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

2 Pet 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

This verse shows that Jesus redeemed false teachers who bring in damnable heresies, refuting Limited Atonement in Calvinism.

11. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Not at all.

Romans 3:11 "no one understands; no one seeks for God."

The regenerate do seek after God

you are 0 for 2

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Jhn 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

This verse proves that no man can have spiritual life before he believes, because until he believes he will die in his sins.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Acts 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
    30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

This verse proves unregenerate men can seek God, as the Philipian jailer could not possibly be regenerate, never having believed yet on Jesus. This refutes Total Depravity in Calvinism.

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

No! That verse does not! All that verse says is: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

No one, that I know of, who believes in the Doctrines of Grace would deny that Faith in Jesus Christ is an integral part of Salvation. I have stated that to you Winman innumerable times to no avail. You completely ignore Scripture such as the following:

John 6:65. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Jam 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

This verse proves God chooses or elects those who have faith in him, refuting Unconditional Election in Calvinism.

16. OldRegular

Oh ye of little perception. That Scripture does nothing to refute Total Inability! You have no idea what was the spiritual condition of the jailer because Scripture does not say.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Mat 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

These words of Jesus show man has the ability to make himself good or evil, refuting Total Depravity as held by Calvinists.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

These words by Peter prove that any man can respond to the gospel in faith and be be saved, refuting the T, U, and L of Calvinism.

19. OldRegular

:laugh:Winman you are simply spinning your wheels!:laugh:

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

This verse shows God has shown the same grace to all men and refutes the Calvinist teaching that God shows only some men "effectual" grace, while showing all others ineffectual or "general" grace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.