1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Christian jeans are hot trend among Swedish youth

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Ben W, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

(12/30/05 - STOCKHOLM, Sweden) - A punk-rock style, trendy tight fit and affordable price have made Cheap Monday jeans a hot commodity among young Swedes, but what has people talking is the brand's ungodly logo: a skull with a cross turned upside down on its forehead.
    The jeans' makers say it's more of a joke, but the logo's designer said there's a deeper message.

"It is an active statement against Christianity," Bjorn Atldax told The Associated Press. "I'm not a Satanist myself, but I have a great dislike for organized religion."

Atldax insists he has a purpose beyond selling denim: to make young people question Christianity, which he called a "force of evil" that had sparked wars throughout history.

Such a remark might incite outrage or prompt retailers to drop the brand in more religious countries.

But not in Sweden, a secular nation which cherishes its free speech and where churchgoing has been declining for decades.

Cheap Mondays are flying off the shelves at about $50 a pair. The jeans have also been shipped throughout Europe and to Australia, and there are plans to introduce them to the United States and elsewhere.

Continued -

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=bizarre&id=3770542

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Probably a winner at least regionally, and maybe globally. I'm not the least bit surprised at their disrespect for God though.

3. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Ah well, these are the people that the Bible talks about...the ones where they knock and knock and nobody in Heaven knows who they are.

4. music4Him

music4Him New Member

You know those are the very people we need to share Jesus with......and hey you'd have to admit they'd be easier to spot in a crowd. [​IMG]

Now the ones that 2Tim. 3:5 speaks of.........
    Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
    It says to turn away.

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

$50 is affordable??????

No worries at this house. Not only do we not wear skulls(with or without crosses) on our clothing here, we also don't consider
    $50 to be an acceptable price.

6. standingfirminChrist

I remember back in the 80's, a young man named Paul was at my house; he was a friend of one of my older brothers.

Paul was very unchristian. He did the same thing, only it was on a bandana. He drew a skull on a bandana and drew an upside down cross on it. He was joking around (my brother said), and was chanting over and over, 'Death, death, death...'

Two hours later, Paul and Floyd were walking down Route 28 in Manassas, Va. A driver fell asleep at the wheel and swerved to the right and hit and killed Paul. Floyd was not hurt, but was understandably shaken. He still has nightmares about it to this day.

What I am trying to get at, is I believe that symbol is very satanic. The man says he is not a satanist, but one either serves Christ or satan, no getting around that.

7. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

That is a very disturbing trend. In 1999, when the news reporters were covering the mass shootings at Columbine, Colorado, they noticed that many of the students there wore long, black clothing with a cross marked out on them.

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Sweden BTW, has an established Christian church, and the church gets government support.

So does the Anglican Church in England.

This is the ultimate pay-off when you have a "Christian Nation."