1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Semitism On The Rise...

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by TCGreek, Mar 15, 2008.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

This is sad, but are we looking at signs of the times in this one?

Source Material...

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

God's chosen people, indeed this is sad... :godisgood:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see it ever being as bad again for Jews as it was in Nazi Germany.

Bigotry toward any race or class of people is uncalled for and unacceptable.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Boy you really are naive. All the problems in the world today are being blamed on the Jews just like in 1939. Do you not think there would have been a 9/11 had it not been the United States support of Israel? Dont you think that if Israel didnt have the support of the United States there would be a coalition of Islamic countries pushing the Jews into the Mediteranean sea?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Yes, I think there would have been. We helped to create what became al Qaeda through unintended consequences in running the Soviet Union out of Afghanistan and inflamed the situation by stationing troops in Saudi Arabia.

2) No. The Israelis did just fine on their own in defeating the Arab countries that attacked them during the 20th century.

By the way, was it is really necessary on your part to begin your post with an insulting personal attack?

#5 KenH, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Probably not.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you accept their definition of anti-semitism, then St. John and St. Paul were anti-semitics as well. So naturally, when one continues to broaden the definition of anti-semitism, they will say that it is on the rise.

I am not a Zionist.
    I believe that the church is the Israel of God.
    I believe that Judaism is a false religion.

Now, I haven't persecuted any Jew (or Gentile for that matter). In fact, I work closely with two of them at work (I also work with a Jordanian.) But the fact is, I am accused of being in the same class as Hitler, simply because of my belief.

Don't believe me? Read the accusations of the Jews against Al Mohler and the SBC:

http://www.geoffrobinson.net/larrykingdebate/debate.html

(This is the only copy of the CNN transcript I could find on the web. I haven't researched the site, nor the links, so I'm not endorsing them.)

8. billwald

billwald New Member

>I believe that Judaism is a false religion.

Dispensationalists "need" Jews to rebuild the Temple so that Jesus can return and send the Jews to Hell. Quickest way to get rid of Jews is to support Israel. <G>

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Wait until Obama is President....it won't be only the Jews that are in for a rough time.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If God blesses these United States with Senator Obama as our president it would be a great thing for this country's people of all races.

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Time will tell....

12. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

It's sad to read about the rise of anti-Semitism in the world. Some of it is from groups that claim to be Christian, such as the KKK and Christian Identity. :tear:

13. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

How do you know this? You've posted this sentiment more than once. Are you claiming some sort of prophetic knowledge on the matter? I'm not arguing against your support for Obama (that's for another time), but how do you know that if he is elected that his presidency will be an absolute success like you keep saying? I mean, there are too many variables at work to even begin to promise such a thing. If I had a candidate (I don't) whom I put all my trust and hope in like you do for Obama, I would never go so far as to promise that his presidency was destined for success for all. I just find your promises quite presumptuous.

Oh, and one last thing: We know that an Obama presidency would not be a great thing for the unborn, even for the mostly born (i.e., partial-birth abortion). So from that standpoint, we know that your prediction won't come true for all people.

14. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I know Geoff Robinson from another board - he is reliable. I believe he holds to Reformed theology.