1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Antichrist

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Mar 12, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Jews today are still waiting for the Christ to come. Not the second coming, as we do, they don't believe the Christ has come at all yet. Now Jesus said to the Jews which would not believe on Him that they would believe in the Antichrist when he comes;

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (John 5:43)

Now the Jews know full well that the Christ must be from the lineage of David, Jewish. So in order for the Jews to accept even the Antichrist, wouldn't the Antichrist have to be proven to the Jews to be the seed of David?

Doesn't the Antichrist have to be Jewish?

Or do you think at this point in time, the Jews will have no way of even tracing the Antichrist's lineage and it will have no bearing on their accepting him.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The way they have stubbornly chased after false gods, I don't think he will necessarily be jewish, in fact I believe he will be from the line of Ishmael.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This very well could be, since the Muslims are looking for a Christ also, and they will gladly embrace the Antichrist since he will do exactly what they say their christ will do, that is, kill the Jews and Christians. But I still ponder why the Jews would accept a Muslim, at least at first, since I'm sure they are taught well the Christ is to be of the seed of David.