1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Antinomianism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three weeks ago:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1906571&postcount=52

It is hard to keep up with all the shifts.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh so then thats a relief.....so I dont have to attend service, I can stay home & watch the Giants win another championship. :laugh:

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the moral aspect of the law ONLY is what is still binding upon New Covenant saints, and the Lord has in the person of the Spriit actually enables us to keep that by His power!

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Well, you can at least dream about it.

We actually have several churches that meet Saturday night and one that meets mid-week. It isn't about the time or place. It's about being a part of the body of Christ. A toe, on its own, is not very useful and is lacking some things that it really needs. We need fellowship.We need accountability. We need to use our gifts to edify others. We need others to edify us with their gifts. It is not about keeping the Law.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much better to watch the Detroit tigers beat yankees and go on to win World series!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell that to San Fransisco :laugh: Anyway you also need Christians who understand obedience & are willing to walk the beam / narrow entrance for without that you might end up with sloppy & carnal Christians. May I suggest you study the book, The Marrow of Modern Divinity. The parody is a Experienced Teacher instructing both a literalist/ legalist & an antinomianian. Great many insights are explored & it allows no one off the hook (nobody gets a pass for spiritual incorrectness).

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea Detroit needs to win something for heaven sakes.....besides I'm a Tampa Rays Fan.

8. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

No cable

hulu, xbox, and wii

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh..... So your a "Primitive" Baptist...:laugh:

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hulu Plus, netflicks?

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You see where he lives...... sheep! :laugh:

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're giving us whiplash.

14. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Yes, Hulu Plus. No Netflix. I was unimpressed with the online options and did not want to pay for the delivery service.

BTW...not just sheep, also cattle, deer, elk, and pheasant. However, I live in one of the larger towns and have access to cable. In fact, without high speed internet Hulu Plus would be useless...as would trying to download updates to CoD and Halo. LOL and a few more. We just chose to spend the money we were spending on cable for other things. The bonus? No barrage of campaign ads.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh right the Lutheran posting! :laugh:Yes....thats what they think I am. Since they cannot process beyond there own narrow minded Lutheran noses. But for your very own personal edification, I am a Christian Radical with absolutely no affiliations with any Church organization at this point. I go to them for fellowship & they also serve some great cake & coffee downstairs after service. :thumbs:

Sure you can even dredge up somewhere that I was a Roman Catholic & a Presbyterian.....I assure you however that while holding those titles I was an atheist....no worse cause I knew he existed but I hated him. Actually that made me an enemy of God. Right!

See if you can find where I make at least two solid statements that I have no allegiance to Calvinists or Non-Calvinists. & I dont, my allegiance is to God......oh & I believe in Doctrine of Grace & baptist distinctive....just not Free Willers or Arminians......oh & I have used the London Confessions of Faith (1689) as a very splendid guideline for understanding what God wants outa my life.....that & the bible (NIV, NKJO) etc....I could care less.

O & I did make a statement, recently in one of MorseOps threads that I would prefer that Non-Calvies would not come anywhere near my family because I dont want them ....(did I say polluting) my family with their goofy belief systems. Oh yes, dont even think of marrying one of my kids....I dont want those muddled beliefs cluttering up my family beliefs.....takes too long to process it out. Been there & done that & not going back...God willing! (Presbyterians OK if they agree to Credo Baptism):thumbs:

Oh & lastly, I drink alcohol (beer mostly,,,,,occasionally Good Scotch & Vodka) & I really like it!

Anything else you want me to clarify? :smilewinkgrin:

16. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Yes.

What do you think of the Law?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No quail, no woodcock? Im not a big game hunter but I love bird hunting. I grew up with people that could hit a woodcock in the air with a single shot 20G Marlin or Winchester....I was never that good but practice makes perfect. If you had a good gun dog you could even get a game with a cellphone & a pair of earphones. Take a flask of brandy or good Scotch if its real cold for sippin.....just dont hit the dawg.

Guess you dont fish?

#77 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Sinclair (totally)

19. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I'm not interested in what Sinclair thinks on the subject. I would appreciate it if you clearly stated what you think.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will put it this way, I drive the legal limit....I do not say that grace abounds so I dont have to abide by Gods moral laws anymore. Thats prelude to chaos.