1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Antinomianism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 16, 2012.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Then you might go ahead and check out the Seventh Day Adventists and the some of the Messianic Jewish groups.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you a few posts up that I stay away from nuts. But the Presbyterians (OPC) & The Dutch Reformed do agree with me as well. Surprised you did not know that. Oh yes of course, your a "New" Covenant Guy, so you guys are correct & everyone else is wrong. LOL, and they call the Calvies arrogant.:laugh:

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

You don't think the groups wanting to live under the OT Law, that is the OC, when Christ instituted the NC are "nuts"?

I'd suggest this study on Galatians. The man teaching is a Jew. He is a follower of Christ. He does an excellent job of explaining why the Law is not for the NT Church. The link is for the DVD set, which is kind of pricey. Poke around a bit and you can find cheaper options.

http://arielc.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AMC&Product_Code=DVD-cs-msg&Category_Code=

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell ya what....you listen to the sermon audio that I provided & then get back to me with any questions you might have & then I will view your attachment (not until then though)....agreed.

(on 2nd thought) sorry forget it....not spending money on this.

#84 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess Ive been discovered.......

OK so repeat after me,

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad.
    Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.

:laugh::laugh::godisgood:

What tipped me off....I wouldnt eat the pork? ROFL

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

For you...Heb4
    9 there doth remain, then, a sabbatic rest to the people of God,:thumbs:

Matthew 28

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

28 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

#86 Iconoclast, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes & I dont know how he ducks this one....but will repost. That is, before I run off to shul...:smilewinkgrin:

1 John 5:3

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

Shalom....:laugh:

8. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Even Mr. Ferguson, in his sermon, make clear that not all who he says fall under various forms of antinomianism are simply disregarding God's laws for personal gain. Some, the "textual antinomians," as he calls them, truly believe they are not obligated to keep the Sabbath. Simply telling them they are disregarding obedience to say grace abounds will not change their mind, and unfairly presents their motivations.

If Sabbath remains, should we keep it on Saturday?

By what criteria do you isolate the 10 commandments from the other laws God gave Israel? What about the Law God gave Moses about not eating meat with blood in it? This was not Israel-specific.

P.S> I also drive the speed limit, for the same reason...but it is a different disccussion than keeping the (saturday) sabbath.

#88 12strings, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
  9. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Heb. 4 does not seem to be speaking of the need to keep a certain day holy...rather of the need to enter the rest God offers, while hoping for the future perfect rest.

Matthew 28 is simply using the sabbath as a reference point so the (jewish) reader knows when this happened. While Heb 4 could be argued about for a while...This verse in Matthew can really carry no weight in arguing that the NT believer is required to keep the Sabbath (Saturday) Holy.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    hebrews says tio us that because jesus paid the full price owed to the fathe ron our behalf for Sin, that we can ;rest" in Him, that we do have spiritual rest and end to trying to keep the law in order to get right/saved by God!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though we who are non reformed might not agree totally with how the law is to be seen as Christians today, NONE would hold to not obeying the Moral aspects of the law!

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I only use the commandments as a dropping off point to establish an inquiring conversation into ths subject matter. I have stated before that I do not believe that God holds Gentiles to the same criterion as he does the Jews.

But for that, I am labeled as a legalist & a Judaizer, which is typically used as a pejorative where I come from. Then it was suggested that I approach 7 Day Adventist organization! :laugh: Clearly, I consider that a condescending suggestion -- again another Judaizer slight. If this is the tactics used by the NCT People, then my initial beliefs of them have in fact been confirmed.

Thanks for the education.....Im stronger for it.:smilewinkgrin:

#92 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 19, 2012
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I suggest that you get it out of your head that my query was in some way my secret Reformed agenda. In fact, my people were Baptistic long before there was a RCC or a Reformation. I am in fact a Radical Christian--one who moves far beyond any liberal and conservative branches of Christianity & goes back to a fundamental questioning. I am not fixated on things like Reformed, Calvinistic, Dispsy, NCT, Arminian, or RCC agendas but rather the root causes... the sources & fundamentals of Christianity. And perhaps that is a result of my conversion so late in life. But I am going to continue to ask pointed questions of anyone I can learn from. Then I will formulate my belief system, thank you very much.

#93 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 19, 2012
  14. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello 12 strings,
    Mt 28 is after the cross...speaking of the end of the sabbaths,,,,and then the beginning....here is a ligoner article by Pastor Ferguson:

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A;way saw you as being a Christian, who holds to reformed theology!

16. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reformed? Why in the world would you think that?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK wiseguy....define reformed.

While your at it define Calvinist. Give us your complete knowledge on the subject.....If you know anything.....which I doubt. Like how would you categorize say a Reformed Baptist, From a Primitive Baptist, from a Particular Baptist.....is there a common thread & whats the differences?

One more caveat....In your own words....no cut & paste or attachment. Show me your true intellect or is it totally hidden behind the world of the internet?

Then what are your leanings?

#97 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 19, 2012