1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any BB'ers on Ebay?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Know some have mentioned it in passing on different posts. Wonder if any have good-bad-ugly stories to share?

My daughter is gung-ho on it and lots of good experiences. When I was there, she went to Kohls and found some name-brand maternity tops that were $40 and were being dumped for $2, tags still on, etc. So she bought a number and took a digital pix and put them on Ebay for auction and $20 "buy-it-now" and they are selling!

Little bit of work and a lot of profit. I was amazed. You might find me on there soon . .

2. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

And what will you be selling - Doc?

I've bought a couple of hundred items on E-bay. The only problem I ever had was a couple of guys who put a Scripture reference on all their emails to me.

I finally told them - that if they were going to use Scripture in the correspondence - then they better do a better job at making sure they are fair with their customers.

They finally made everything right - but it sure took a long time - and left a bad taste in my mouth!

3. NateT

NateT Member

We've discussed doing a similar thing at our wal-mart. The close sometimes get down to 1$ or 2$ and if you make up lots and sell them (for kids) you could make a good deal of money.

They only bad experience was w/Yahoo auctions. I bid on something from a guy w/ no rating. Then I paid by wire transfer. It should have been no surprise that I didn't get the laptop I bough =(

It wasn't Yahoo's fault, it was mine.

Since then, we buy a ton of kids clothes on ebay, you can't find them that cheap at the stores.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I do ebay all the time, buy and sell. When ever we want something I head to ebay first, usually can get a good deal there, but I add the shipping as part of the cost to see if it is the most cost effective source. I've had a few bad experiences, but have always recieved my item. Had a few bad buyers too who refused to pay.
    One important thing I've learned if they do not list the shipping price email and ask before bidding. Some like to make their money by selling cheap and charging inflated shipping, less ebay fees that way.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I used to run a store on eBay. Now, I just put things on the auction. I also look on eBay before buying things at the stores here in town.

I have gotten a lot of Nintendo games for the grands on eBay.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've gotten some pretty good deals via Ebay. I got an Angels replica Jersey for about $30 (the lowest I've seen them locally is $59). I also purchased a gorgeous G3 Angels suede jacket (that retails for $150) for about $50. I've purchased a few banners for the flagpole outside my front door for very little. Currently, I'm in the market for outfit pieces for this year's renaissance faire. There are some very talented people with sewing machines out there!!! To date, a pair of elizabethan era boots.

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

I've bought one item from Ebay. A Canon minidisc camcorder. If I had gone to my local Circuit City, I would have spent an add'l 400.00 to get the same thing.

I have looked several times.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

ok, what is everyone ebay ID?
    I once, before I knew her sold a folk art painting the the BB's Elizabeth.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm johnv714 and I've got a 100% approval rating [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We're jimtavegia and have a 99.3% rating. Jim left a negative for someone who took our money and didn't ship for over a month. They posted back a 'Can't wait for his product like everybody else' negative.

I haven't sold anything lately. We've done quite well tho. Jim likes to sell used stereo on Audiogon.com They charge $2.00 for the ad but no other fees.

Diane

11. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I have bought some things, but never sold.
    Only good experiences so far.

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I've bought some things at a church members dollar store that is all things they bought at auctions where stores have gone out of business and I've turned around and sold them for $9.00 PLUS shipping but only paid $1.00 or 50 cents.

Diane

13. Karen

Karen Active Member

I have a 100% positive feedback. :D

I have only bought, not sold. It is a great place to go when you like to collect obscure things.
    I like to collect Ohio Art lithographed spinning tops and tea sets, but only certain ones and in a certain minimum condition. I like the sand pails too, but the ones I want are more than I am willing to pay.
    My latest acquisition is a cup in great condition that has Mickey, Clarabelle Cow, and Horace Horsecollar.

Karen

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

My ID is kysunflower. Lately I buy scrapbooking stickers, and misc house things, books, a few collectable movies. My feedback is 410, all positive feedback is 510, but repeat buyers and sellers don't count more then once. I'm 99.5 , like Diane and Jim got a few bad people who couldn't wait to give a negative.

15. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

i buy on ebay.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am gumpabob7 (for my seven grandkids) but have a "0" rating because I'm a newbie and still "just looking".

17. Gib

Gib Active Member

I am rbroyal and don't know if I'm rated or not.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

Gib, if you've bought or sold anything your rated.

19. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Got 100% 224 + feedbacks. Buying & selling.

20. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You're only rated if someone leaves feedback, and not everyone does.

I've sold over 1000 items and only 325 people have left feedback for me...OTOH, I have left feedback for everyone I've ever bought from or sold to!