1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any body know when Passover is this year?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ituttut, Mar 21, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

May perhaps sometime read those Website’s, but His Word is sufficient for purposes at hand. Too much word of man only confuses biblical issues.

It is not only about the date, but the days. Yes, understand that the day is not always the same, but the month must be our April. Also, if we are to believe Gods Word, Passover always occurs on the 14th day of Nisan, or our April. That means this year, shouldn’t you be observing only the four days involved according to actual events. Why don’t you move it from the Mother churches pagan holiday, over to the Word of God. You are about a month ahead of schedule. The real Passover begins at 6PM, according to the time of the Jew, on April 23, 2005. Did Jesus Christ give His OK on the move? Peter, John, or Paul?

Your Christmas annual Holy Anniversary date is wrong, as is your annual Holy Anniversary week of His death and resurrection. I don’t understand how Christians take the word of a church, and a church we would not think about joining. Who started this “Good Friday” business anyway? Did Baptist talk about a "Good Friday" in the 1920's, 30 - 40 - 50'? That information may be on someone's Website.

It would greatly help if you can furnish scripture to back up Jesus really meant 1 1/2 days (36 hours) that He would be in the tomb, instead of 3 full days, and nights, for a total of 72 hours as He said He would.

I wasn't aware I was refusing you your rights. You sound like a strong supporter of the ACLU. You can believe and worship whom you will, and I will. But as a Christian it is my duty to inform of error. I cannot help what others believe, but I’ve done what He has chosen for me to do. Present His Word, correctly divided.

If I am wrong, please prove it. Please read Leviticus 23:5-7, and Matthew 12:40. Does anyone disagree with these verses? If so how do they, or perhaps you in original thought, explain away His Word?
    </font>[/QUOTE]If you had paid any attention, you would ahve found the web sites only answer when is passover and why is it not on the same date each year. It is how the Jewish religion does passover.
    But you didn't pay any attention to it any more then I paid any attention to your post past the first sentence.
    Thank you

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

3. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hello Dr. Bob. If it is OK, I would like to answer two pending’s first; Alcott, and donnA, before answering your request. I have necessary things here to do presently, and will be this evening, or tomorrow before answering them. If this is unacceptable to you, please post a denial of this request.

Appreciate, in Christian faith, ituttut

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

5. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

I know it would probably be a lot warmer for Easter this year if it was a little later, especially up here a little to the north.

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

If you read the passage you cited, you will see that Jesus did not include the word "full." That is your word. And it remains that if He did indeed remain there for 3 24-hour periods, then he arose on the 4th day, instead of the 3rd, which would contradict Matthew 16:21... in fact, your insistence of "hours, minutes and seconds...down to Atom measurements" leaves no possibility of there NOT being a contradiction. </font>[/QUOTE]Hello Alcott. You will notice I did not quote the scripture. The “full” was added for purposes of whatever at the time of Jonah (who was in the belly of the fish, three full days((did they keep half days then))), so would Jesus be in the earth for 3 full days; regardless of how time was keep in either of the dispensations. There were not in Jesus’ day, or Job’s where the Jew declared a day to be half empty, or half full. Their time started sundown through sunup until a new day dawned at sundown. It is God that is the timekeeper, and not man. Man may believe he hung the moon, but it just ain’t so.

I’m am sorry you do not see the impossibility of a Friday Crucifixion. I presented the only possible solution to our Savior being in the earth for three “complete” days, and three “complete nights”, for this is what He said. Not very many people believe Him, do they?

The Bible is written in the way it is written for a purpose. Every word whether we believe it or not means something, in its structure. Something that should give people pause, doesn’t. It involves the verse we are talking about, and what He said in the beginning.

Are the following verses a contradiction; a mistranslation? Why does God reverse the way time should be kept in these verses? Or does He?.
    Genesis 1:5 ”…….. And the evening and the morning were the first day.: God is very definite as He speaks. This is the way His people have always kept time, viz. the day starts in the evening, at sundown, and the daylight day ends as the Sun is going down. Evening, and then Day. By God’s time then we know that Friday can in no way come close to the day of His crucifixion. We know this because of the wording that Jesus used.

Matthew 16:21, ”…….. and be raised again the third day.” And this is not the only reference to the third day. As we look at Matthew 12:40 we see a connection to Matthew 16:21. Verse 40 of chapter 12, ”For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”

Please look closely when God starts the day beginning actually in the evening in Genesis, but in Matthew 12:40 he begins with before 6PM first, followed by after 6PM. Jesus puts the day before the night? I wonder why, we should ask.

I can explain the why of the wording. Surely, I am not the only one able to figure this out. This is for your consumption, and those reading this thread. I’m posting this also on the Theology forum. Surely some has been shown how the Holy Spirit interprets these verses. It has to do with Jesus Christ’s crucifixion and arising. For Jesus to arise in the third day, means He had to be put in the Tomb in a first day.

The question is, why do we believe what the world believes, i.e. He was placed in the Tomb in the beginning of a new day, which begins in the evening at 6PM for the Jew. The only place we get this information from is the Catholic church. If not show me where we Baptist picked-up this little tid-bit of false information.

We have to answer why Joseph had to hurry to get Jesus into the Tomb, and why they did not have time to finish the burial rites. They had to get Jesus into the Tomb before 6PM that Wednesday, because of the High Sabbath Day that always follows the Preparation Day, Passover, and a new day would begin on at 6PM Thursday. No burial could take place on a Sabbath Day, that required servile work. That Sabbath day was not Saturday, but the High Sabbath Day that always falls on the 15th of Nisan, which as you know is our April, this year by the Hebrew calendar would on the 24th, at 6PM.

To repeat, In the earth Wednesday at the split second right before 6PM Thursday, and arising at the split second of the ending on Saturday into Sunday at 6PM. He arose at the drawing near of the new day, just at its dawning. We either believe three full days, or we don’t. We either believe God’s Word, or the word of man.

Again, why do we follow the teachings of the Catholic church, in this and at least one other fallacy. I do not hold to these Holy Days, but if I did, I would at least not hold them on the same days that the pagans worship. Christian faith, ituttut Galatatins 1:11-12.

7. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I see you are also awaiting His return, instead of keeping looking beyond to the coming of the kingdom, which will be after we are in heaven. Christian faith, ituttut Galatians

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations on admitting you did not quote the scripture when you claimed "three full days." But the word "full" is also not used in Jonah.

You can't get past putting words in His mouth, can you? This time your word-- not his-- is "complete."

You may well be the only one who has swallowed this so far.

Do you realize that by claiming this, that Jesus' body was laid in the tomb a "split second" before 6 p.m. [assuming 'sunset' to be 6 p.m.] that Joseph and Nicodemus would then have had to remain outside the city for a day? The city gates were closed shortly before the sabbath began and they could not be reopened until the sabbath was over. [And this is disregarding that it was one day or the other; short of 'sunset' made that day the first, after 'sunset' made it less than a "complete" day/night.]

If we believe He would be "in the belly of the earth 3 days and 3 nights," and that He would rise again "on the third day," that is believing the Word of God. Inserting "full" or "complete" into anything He said is the word of man [even you].

One more point... If He was placed in the tomb at '6 p.m. Wednesday,' why did they still have to wait until 'Sunday' to finish the embalming process? In that case He had been-- they thought-- dead for 3 1/2 days. Besdies the unpleasantness of such a task, could this not have been done on 'Friday?' If not, and they had 3 consecutive days in which absolutely no work could be done, what would they do? Eat raw flour, since they could not cook? Freeze if it was that cold, since no fire could be lit? And poor Joe and Nic, outside the gates for waiting until the last millisecond possible to lay Him in the tomb...

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Congratulations on admitting you did not quote the scripture when you claimed "three full days." But the word "full" is also not used in Jonah.

You can't get past putting words in His mouth, can you? This time your word-- not his-- is "complete."

Again, I would expect you to know I was not quoting the verse verbatim. The use of “full” and “complete”, is for people that wish to argue about minutes in what comprises a day. To help you understand, I’m making the point for those that make arguments of the Jew counting half days, which must be done to believe a Friday crucifixion. But as you wish to argue for the sake of arguing, I’ll drop those usages, and just ask why you believe Jesus did not mean three days, and three nights? You evidently don’t believe they were “full” days, so where are you getting your information of believing in “half” days?

You may well be the only one who has swallowed this so far.

You believe I’m the only one that accepts His Word? Thanks, but I don’t fall for flattery.

Do you realize that by claiming this, that Jesus' body was laid in the tomb a "split second" before 6 p.m. [assuming 'sunset' to be 6 p.m.] that Joseph and Nicodemus would then have had to remain outside the city for a day? The city gates were closed shortly before the sabbath began and they could not be reopened until the sabbath was over. [And this is disregarding that it was one day or the other; short of 'sunset' made that day the first, after 'sunset' made it less than a "complete" day/night.]

Scripture does not say where they went, but he was from Arimathaea, so if it was in walking distance on the Sabbath I imagine they went Josephs home. I’m sure they had provision outside the gate for those that could not make it inside. Other than that, I have no idea where they spent their time that Thursday.

Your use of the word “complete” is the reason I used the word “full”, and “complete” to show you there was not half days for the Jew. You are using our standard of time, which is not that of the Jew. Their “full” day started at 6PM going through to 5:59999PM Thursday, and at 6PM Friday began.

If we believe He would be "in the belly of the earth 3 days and 3 nights," and that He would rise again "on the third day," that is believing the Word of God. Inserting "full" or "complete" into anything He said is the word of man [even you].

One more point... If He was placed in the tomb at '6 p.m. Wednesday,' why did they still have to wait until 'Sunday' to finish the embalming process? In that case He had been-- they thought-- dead for 3 1/2 days. Besdies the unpleasantness of such a task, could this not have been done on 'Friday?' If not, and they had 3 consecutive days in which absolutely no work could be done, what would they do? Eat raw flour, since they could not cook? Freeze if it was that cold, since no fire could be lit? And poor Joe and Nic, outside the gates for waiting until the last millisecond possible to lay Him in the tomb...
    </font>[/QUOTE]But He was not placed into the tomb at 6PM. It was necessary that He be placed in the Tomb sometime before 6PM on Wednesday for at 6PM began a new day. You are coming up with 3 ½ and that is not what Jesus said.

They could not get into the Tomb on Friday after the High Sabbath as the Tomb was sealed; with guards standing post to see that no one could enter. So it was not until Sunday that they could enter the Tomb, but it was empty on that Sunday when they arrived.

Jesus was placed in the Tomb and the stone rolled to the opening on Wednesday, at some short time before the beginning of Thursday at Sundown. Thursday was a High Sabbath, so they handled that day as they do all Sabbath’s that they could do no work. Friday was not a Sabbath, but they could not get into the Tomb because of the Soldiers. They handled the Saturday Sabbath as they always did. Sunday was their first and only chance to get into the Tomb, but He was already gone.

11. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hello Dr. Bob. If it is OK, I would like to answer two pending’s first; Alcott, and donnA, before answering your request. I have necessary things here to do presently, and will be this evening, or tomorrow before answering them. If this is unacceptable to you, please post a denial of this request.

Appreciate, in Christian faith, ituttut
    </font>[/QUOTE]I know of a Berean in Bible Study named Ohair, but am not familiar your Oharite cult.

I don’t believe I mentioned anything about water baptism in this thread that you bring into the conversation here.

I find your fascination with the word “cult” to describe those that do not believe exactly like you (being in the Body of Christ as you are), to be on the extreme end of Baptists. And I can really see nothing wrong with that because we are to be the salt down here. You believe me to be Hyper Paul in my belief, and I believe you to be extremely James in yours. I believe we are both Baptist’s, at the extreme ends of the spectrum, within the Baptist Religious Denomination.

I find Pastors and Ministers I come into contact with in the Grace churches, have come from the Baptist ranks for many reasons. One is for the purpose of just preaching His Word, having removed themselves from “hierarchical" environments in so many Baptist Conventions; or making distance from Billy Graham’s preaching one thing, yet believing another. Then some remove themselves from the “political and World Council of Churches” ardent social climbers

Accomplished your request of ”Would you go to the Theology forum and post a 2-paragraph summary on what would differentiate you from most Baptists? Christian faith, ituttut Galatians 1:11-12

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Answer 2 simple questions, which you have implied but not actually said... The Passover was on 'Wednesday,' meaning after 'sunset' on 'Tuesday' they gathered for the Passover meal, correct? And the following day ('Thursday') was the 'High Sabbath' and first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, right?

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Intuttit, are you going to answer, or are you chickening out?

14. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hello Alcott. I’m happy you keep returning as we study His Word together. I believe you may be able to more clearly see if we use John 19:31 in connection with Leviticus 23:5. This verse in Leviticus advises Passover began on day 14 Nisan always. The following day was always a High Day Sabbath. This day is not of the 7th day Sabbath of the week.

Now to John 19:31 - ”The Jews therefore, because it was the (preparation), that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.”

Fitting the two verses together solidifies and make it possible for us to know the exact day that Jesus was crucified. And it could in no way be a Friday, Tuesday, Thursday, or any other day but Wednesday. The facts are staring us in the face. It scared the daylights out of me when I saw the truth. I had searched for the answer for years, knowing something was wrong, but it still was a frightening revelation, for just about the whole of Christianity has been drawn into the fallacy of Easter that officially orginated in the Catholic church.

On Wednesday beginning at 6PM was the beginning of Israel’s day, it being the preparation day, Passover. On this day Jesus was tried, crucified, and buried, and it had to be before 6PM Thursday, and I believe it had to be just as Wednesday was turning into Thursday. We know this from John 19:31 above. So being placed into the Tomb very close to the beginning of Thursday, we have His Wednesday/Thursday burial the first day ending Thursday, then the second day of Friday, and then the third day Saturday very close to Sunday. That is three days in the Tomb, and not one and a half days.

Hope that will help.

15. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hang on son; I know how anxious you are to learn. I'm not on the Internet all day long, and at this time, I'm really into too many subjects on the Forums. I'll try to do better.

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright, if Passover was Nisan 14, then according to John 12:1 Nisan 8-- 6 days before the Passover-- was the day Jesus was in Bethany and Mary anointed him with nard. The next day, John 12:12-- 5 days before the Passover, or Nisan 9-- Jesus entered Jerusalem with the cries of "Hosanna!" So if Passover was Nisan 14, the 4th day of the week, then the day of Jesus' triumphal entry was Friday (6th day). Correct?

17. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Alright, if Passover was Nisan 14, then according to John 12:1 Nisan 8-- 6 days before the Passover-- was the day Jesus was in Bethany and Mary anointed him with nard. The next day, John 12:12-- 5 days before the Passover, or Nisan 9-- Jesus entered Jerusalem with the cries of "Hosanna!" So if Passover was Nisan 14, the 4th day of the week, then the day of Jesus' triumphal entry was Friday (6th day). Correct? </font>[/QUOTE]Sixth day is Thursday at Bethany.
    Fifth day Friday Jerusalem.
    Fourth day Saturday in the Temple, Matthew 24:1
    Third day Sunday, Matthew 26:2, ”Ye know that After Two Days is the feast of the
    Passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.”

Second Day Monday
    First Day Tuesday. John says 6 days before Passover. Passover will be 7 days.
    Wednesday Passover.

I believe you will find it can be no other day than a Wednesday Crucifixion, and burial.
    Christian faith, ituttut

18. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lot happened before Matthew 24:1. His triumphant entry into Jerusalem takes place in Matthew 21. He came in, cleansed the temple, and then left and spent the night in Bethany (v.17). Then he returned to the city next morning, with the incident of the fig tree (vv.18-20). If that was the sabbath day, as you say, how could they be going from Bethany back into Jerusalem, with the gates closed? Furthermore, there is no break in the narration through chapter 22, vv. 15-22, which is where the Pharisees tested him about paying taxes to Rome. Jesus asked them to show him a coin, which they did. Jews were forbidden to carry money on the sabbath. Your own citation of Matthew 24, in which Jesus told of 'things to come,' you say was on the sabbath. There is no question that Jesus spent a night in Bethany after His entry--Friday, the Day of Preparation-- and then returned in the morning. So how does all this fit?

In Mark 11, Jesus made His entry-- on Friday, according to you-- and the next day was the day He drove out those buying and selling in the temple. This also brings up sabbath questions about trading, carrying money, and about Jesus driving them out. This was done on the sabbath? After he re-entered the city with closed gates?

Luke is more indefinite about chronology of days. It just says He was teaching daily in the temple (ch.19, v.47). John, after citing "six days before the Passover," also becomes vague chronologically about days, and tells little of Jesus' teachings in the temple at that time.

So, recapping, how was the entry on Friday if the next day they re-entered the city which could not open the gates, and many, including the Pharisees themselves, were carrying money and trading?

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, ituttit, I have waited 3 days and 3 nights to see if this debate stays dead or not-- less that 'lost' hour of "Daylight Savings Time" [what a misnomer!]. Do you have any explanations for the non-sabbath happening which happend on the sabbath, according to your own time scale?

20. ituttut

ituttut New Member