1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any comment for Hyles-Anderson College?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by dpogs, Dec 31, 2004.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

No baptists at baptisboard claim that they hate JH, I never saying I hate JH.

What we dislike JH's way and attitude is his ego and pride.

I do have his book - 'Church Manual', in the back side shows the introduction of JH and his church. It claims, First Baptist Church is the "World's Largest Sunday School'. I dislike what JH boasts. Also, it claims, First Baptist Church owns over 100,000 memberships.

I do not like JH's attitude, because of his ego.

Numbers mean nothing to me. Are ALL of 100,000 memberships 100% saved?? Only God knows.

I would like to add one thing tell you one thing about 'membership'. There is no record in the Bible teaching us about join church to become membership. Many IFB churches believe once a person baptized, then immediately become membership under THAT church. That does not make a sense to me.

Church is not a religion, building, or political.

CHurch is a spiritual body. When a person repented, believe in Jesus, then baptized, already become member uner Jesus Christ as Body. That is spiritual body, not physical.

I doubt, all of 100,000 memberships are saved. That book, 'Church Manuel' was written in year 1968 published under Sword of the Lord. That year, FBC claims over 63,000 memberships. By JH's death, FBC claims over 100,000 memberships.

How do JH and deacons know all of 100,000 members are truly saved?

I disagree with 'Easy Believism' on soul winning method is a dangerous. Even, I let you know I disagree on security salvation. Aren't you shock what I saying?

Security salvation causes thousands or millions of souls already have their own "ticket" on the way to heaven, they are already saved at once, no matter how often they sinned, they can still go to heaven.

What happen to probably over 200,000 or even over a million of people during 46 years of FBC since 1959 to today? Most of them are already scattered away over Chicago, even across America, because of lack on discipleship.

Numbers mean nothing to me. Only God knows their souls.

JH boasted on the numbers, think he is the world's best pastor. So what. Also, JH thinks, his church is the "World's Largest Sunday School". So what.

Am I jealous of JH's sucess? No. I dislike JH's attitude because of his pride and ego.

We know pride is a sin. Let God take care of JH, also, He shall judge upon us.

Hey! Forget JH, ask God for His guide you where He wants you go to college. Ask your pastor, or check www.sowrdofthelord.com for the college directory. There's are so plenty of IFB colleges in America. Why not try visit college in Phillippine Isalnd, instead of fly to America? You better depend on God's guide. God knows you more than us. Better listen what God wants you to do, obey Him.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

2. Chris McGough

Chris McGough New Member

I'm going to keep my reply strictly to the questioned which started basically because don't have the time to show how idiotic some of the claims about the college and the bus ministry are. I attended HAC for several years in fact I met my wife there. I have seen allot of people complaining about the rules so let me address that. Yes there are many rules some are bit restrictive but if your going into the ministry rules are going to be a huge part of your life. The rules are carefully explained when you get there so you don't need a copy of the rule book before you go. You already know that they re going to be strict just keep a good attitude about and you'll do fine. I firmly believe that you are choosing the BEST college to learn how to preach and pastor.GOOD LUCK an GOD bless you

3. Broadus

Broadus Member

Chris,
    I'm glad you met the woman you would marry at HAC. As one who holds a degree from HAC as well as other places, however, I totally disagree with your claim that it is the best college to learn how to preach and pastor. How to preach topical messages and become an autocrat---now that's another story.

Blessings,
    Bill

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Deafposttrib, it is time to watch the "Jack Hyles Show"! [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Isn't that rated R?

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith: