1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any comments to improve?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by GospelExplained.com, Nov 21, 2005.

1. GospelExplained.com

GospelExplained.com New Member

Just finished a flash gospel presentation at www.GospelExplained.com There's no advertising etc on the site, I hope that it may be useful.

I think all bugs are out now. Firefox browser didn't like it at first. If you are able to have a look at it, please let me know of any problems that you may come across.

I would like to improve the first few scenes though.

We shall write www.GospelExplained.com on our Christmas cards this year. Challenge now is puting it to use with traffic.

Has anyone seen any GOOD gospel presentations on the internet? There are some nice devotionals, but not much well done Gospel content.

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Its a little slow, even with DSL. The pictures are good.

3. GospelExplained.com

Instead of having a preloader % bar I put the intro on so as it can be streamed even with dial-up. (It's over a four meg file and yet begins the swf movie very fast!) Perhaps detecting dsl with an option to skip intro may be necessary?????

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I didn't watch the entire thing, because it was pretty slow on my computer as well and I have a cable connection.

One thing I would caution is that I'm not sure that we should be evangelizing folks with how to get to heaven. God's offer a salvation is an offer to partake in "the life" that He offers. Heaven is a part of that life, but only a part. Heaven in not the only thing.

I think evangelizing folks that heaven is the ultimate prize can lead and has led to some soft/weak disciples. Heaven is going to be great, but there is work to be done in the here and now long before we get there.

Also when I looked up Hebrews 12:15 I didn't see anything about God blessing those that seek Him.

Here's what I found for Hebrews 12:15 - 15 See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;

Just my .02

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It works well,

It’s my attention span that is a little slow.

IMO, the presentation needs more bombs and explosions...

Rob

6. GospelExplained.com

J. Jump you are right concerning the Scripture reference. Thanks for taking the trouble to look it up. I will insert Hebrews 11:6 to correct.

Yes the weakest part is the start of the movie. I thought that putting in text while movie is downloading to read as an alternative to a preloading percentage bar might have been more interesting.

But with no download percentage bar, peoples expectations are that it is ready NOW.

7. Marco

Marco Guest

I enjoyed it very much. It loaded very quickly for me. Good work and congratulations.

~Marco

8. Dunamis XX

Dunamis XX New Member

It loaded quickly for me. I also enjoyed it...I noticed that you mispelled the word judgment (you spelled it - judgement).

9. GospelExplained.com

Thanks for the feedback.
    It is appreciated!

10. GospelExplained.com

I have now uploaded the latest version of this flash Gospel presentation,
    taking into account feedback received. The picture of the face in the flame is much easier to see.
    Do you think I should have a US English as well as a UK (includes - Aust,NZ etc) version to load for visitors from these countries?
    Also changed the url address to www.explorechristianity.com