1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any CUBBIE leaders out there?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Aug 10, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I've worked with AWANA clubs for 4 years this year but have always done Sparks. I asked to move down younger than the second graders I taught the last two years and our Minister of Ed asked me to be the Cubbies Director.

I understand Cubbies is very different from the usual clubbers style. Anyone out there worked with Cubbies who can tell me what to expect? Our kick off is the Wednesday night with AWANA club starting Aug. 20th!

Diane

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

No, but I led a group of "Pioneers" two years ago, and have been "Council Time" leader for the two years since.

3. WW2'er

WW2'er New Member

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Diane, I have worked with Pals, Pioneers, Chums, been Commander, a clubber myself for six year (including Shipmates) ect. But I would have to say the best time in AWANA was the night I helped with the Cubbies! To hear a four year old recite a verse, short as it may be, was a blessing I shall not forget. What a great way to mold such a young mind! Is it going too far to say the Cubbies is the foundation of AWANA?
    Diane, may the Lord bless you in this vital ministry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS Our church charter was # 177. That was a few years ago.